Sapphire Princess Rooms to avoid?

JulieU89

Hi-

My husband and I and another couple are thinking of booking a 10/8/05 Cruise on the Sapphire.

We're thinking of booking mini-suites but I have concerns regarding the balconies of the mini-suites...they're open to the decks above?

Does anyone have any information/reviews they can share of the mini-suites?

Specifically, we're thinking of booking forward cabins (forward side of the forward elevators).

Next, how does the ship dock? Any tenders? And does the ship traditionally dock on the port side of the ship? (I know, I know, this changes depending on the other ships in the port, but I'd like a general idea).

Thanks so much!

The ship docking depends on where you are going and it is so different I can't even guess for you.

As far as the balconies go we were on Baja and we could look down on Caribe and dolphin balconies. Their balconies are bigger so it looks like a series of steps going down. We had the smallest balcony, but we had room to sit and it was covered and no one looking down on us

I've been doing some research on this forum and found that the configuration of the mini-suites are going to be a problem for us (no shade). I remember the balconies from when we sailed on the Star Princess (which I believe is the same class of ship) and we're re-thinking the mini-suite idea.

Thank you again.

Aren't the AD mini suites (aft) on the Emerald deck covered, from the mini suites above them..???

Check with your TA or someone here may have stayed in one of these cabins and can tell you for sure.

Kim

You want E728 or the same cabin of the other side of the ship if one is avalable.Compleatly covered balcony and larger balcony than the other mini suites have. We had E728 on the mexican cruise and LOVED IT !!!! icon6.gif

• 4 weeks later...

How about the location and noise level from below for mini suites on the Emerald deck? We are thinking about booking one of these suites but are worried about the noise level from the club below/ vibration of ship etc. Is the balcony completly covered on all of these mini suite cabins on the emerald deck? We don't like the idea of an uncovered balcony but would love a mini suite.

Mini suites on the Emerald deck have balconies that are covered. We had the last mini on the starboard side and had a deck that wrapped toward the aft of the ship for a wonderful view of the wake. Completely private and larger than the other mini's.

Maureen

Hi again.

We were on the starboard side and heard no noise at all from the Club. Our friends who had a mini on the port side said they heard a little "bass" noise but weren't kept awake or bothered. The bandstand seems to be toward the port side as I recall. Even if we had heard something we wouldn't have traded that location or the great balcony!!

Maureen

Thank you all for your help!:)

We have previously booked the 4/17/07 Sapphire Princess Sydney to SF. Being a Princess newbie, I was unaware that the mini-suites on Dolphin deck are exposed and had booked one. Today I contacted my TA and have moved to E711, as the mini's on Emerald that with larger balcony were taken. Being on the Ship for 29 days, we would have been not happy with no coverage on our deck as we love spending hours on our deck.

Once again the CC forum has made my planned vacation more to our liking!!! Thanks so much again!:D

Localady!

I envy you that wonderful trip for 4/07! We have good friends sailing the Diamond from Syd-SF in 06 and would have loved to go along. Alas, too many days to be away from the office for my DH...:( :( .

You will love the Sapphire Princess.

Maureen

Maureen-

Thanks for the good wishes...we are hoping that being away that long won't be a problem! It's definately a cruise of a lifetime for us.:D

swooldri-

Very clever .....being as gullible as I am, I was going to see what the problem with the cabins were.....LOL;)

:cool:

Archived