Breakaway Questions

Summerlove4ever

I am booked on the Breakaway for mid-June sailing. I am an experienced cruiser but for the first time I am taking my 13yr niece as I am now her guardian (I became an instant parent a year ago :eek:).

I am concerned about cabin choice. I usually always pick a balcony as I like to open the door and see what kind of day were having but don't really use it for much more. Because I wanted a little extra room, I picked a mini-suite balcony but after looking at the renderings (drawings, not actual room picutes), I see that the family large picture window rooms have a curtain dividing the bed from the fold out couch. That appeals to me. BUT those rooms are located below the main level where the reception area is (help desk).

I then was thinking I'll get a spa mini suite as crossing over to Bermuda you usually don't get days warm enough to lay by the pool so I will have access to the spa and use their facilites on sea days. But they are located under the sun deck. Heard those rooms are usually loud when staff is cleaning the decks late at night.

Because no one has yet been on the ship, I have no reviews to cross reference so I am trying to use some common sense. And having never tried to squeeze 3 people in a cabin, I am stymied as what cabin to commit too.

So, my questions are as follows:

1) When figuring square footage of the rooms, do they include the balcony? After looking at the renderings of the family balcony vs family picture window cabins - there's not that much difference in interior space yet they say 269 sq ft vs 161 sg ft respectively. I assume some of that 269 sq ft is balcony.

2) Based on your experience, is a "curtain" necessary to divide couch and bed? I just wanted some privacy so we're not watching each other sleep.

3) Are the rooms below the sun deck really noisy?

4) Are rooms below the main deck noisy? (Family room with large windows are on floor 5 and "main level" they call Ocean Place starts on floor 6)

5) Crossing the Atlantic June 16-23; can you lay out by the pool or is it still chilly?

6) Do you expect that Breakaway will charge for spa passes? If so, estimated pricing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I am booked on the Breakaway for mid-June sailing. I am an experienced cruiser but for the first time I am taking my 13yr niece as I am now her guardian (I became an instant parent a year ago :eek:).

I am concerned about cabin choice. I usually always pick a balcony as I like to open the door and see what kind of day were having but don't really use it for much more. Because I wanted a little extra room, I picked a mini-suite balcony but after looking at the renderings (drawings, not actual room picutes), I see that the family large picture window rooms have a curtain dividing the bed from the fold out couch. That appeals to me. BUT those rooms are located below the main level where the reception area is (help desk).

I then was thinking I'll get a spa mini suite as crossing over to Bermuda you usually don't get days warm enough to lay by the pool so I will have access to the spa and use their facilites on sea days. But they are located under the sun deck. Heard those rooms are usually loud when staff is cleaning the decks late at night.

Because no one has yet been on the ship, I have no reviews to cross reference so I am trying to use some common sense. And having never tried to squeeze 3 people in a cabin, I am stymied as what cabin to commit too.

So, my questions are as follows:

1) When figuring square footage of the rooms, do they include the balcony? After looking at the renderings of the family balcony vs family picture window cabins - there's not that much difference in interior space yet they say 269 sq ft vs 161 sg ft respectively. I assume some of that 269 sq ft is balcony.

2) Based on your experience, is a "curtain" necessary to divide couch and bed? I just wanted some privacy so we're not watching each other sleep.

3) Are the rooms below the sun deck really noisy?

4) Are rooms below the main deck noisy? (Family room with large windows are on floor 5 and "main level" they call Ocean Place starts on floor 6)

5) Crossing the Atlantic June 16-23; can you lay out by the pool or is it still chilly?

6) Do you expect that Breakaway will charge for spa passes? If so, estimated pricing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Until someone sails on the Breakaway, I am afraid we will only be able to speculate. To answer your question regarding square footage, yes, the balcony is included in the figure given.

June 16-23 will be warm.

Yes, they will charge for spa passes. Every other ship charges.

They will definitely charge for spa passes, otherwise why would anyone book a spa balcony/mini-suite?! The price for a 7-day pass on Epic was $144 per person this month. I found it worthwhile, but spent a ton of time there to get my money's worth! :)

I thought when you booked a spa cabin, the spa was included?

I thought when you booked a spa cabin, the spa was included?

It is. That's the only benefit of booking a spa cabin. The OP was asking whether NCL will charge to access the Thermal Suite of the spa and I said they must have to, otherwise there is no benefit to staying in a spa cabin if everyone can access the thermal suite for free! Pretty logical thinking.

Archived