Hello Live From The Celebration!!!

RMS95

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post and say what a GREAT time we are having on the celebration! We are just about to leave Key West and boy was it HOT here today!

Everything has just been going great. This is an older and a litte smaller ship, and we were concerned about that, but really its not bad. Now, there is more wear & tear in some areas than others, but nothing to affect us really. The only other complaint so far was the rough seas leaving Jacksonville. We swayed and rocked forever it seemed like. But finally we settled out and its been good going every since!

Well I better run, you know this internet aint cheap! LOL! Will post a review when we get back home!!

:D

Suzyq,

I've got the clothes, booze, shoes and dress all packed and ready . . . unfortunately I can't fit my cappuchino machine ;) !! What will I do :rolleyes: . . .

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catcha all in a week or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI, if I were you, I'd defiantly take something for motion sickness. We did, just to be on the safe side. This is a smaller ship and the seas apparently were rough heading out of Jacksonville. We felt ALOT of movement but never got sick with our patches. Seas have been calm since Key West!!

have fun!!!

Glad its almost your time on the Celebration.

Sounds like your packed and ready.

??Cappuchino??

Naw girl, Gotta have those Margaritas....

Do name your (poison) (hooch) that you packed???

And for those who like to snorkel...go to your Sam's Warehouse for the professional snorkel gear. Great buy in a package of mask, dry snorkel, fins, and carry case...$40.00.

Kim, do you snorkel??

:o

Richie & Mary,

Thank you for the advise on the patch for motion sickness. We will get that.

My hubby does get motion sickness.

I just read him your post.

Hope yall are having fun.

:) Well, we prolly do but we didn't want to involve the doctor if at all possible. We are going to try to use the bonine, but I think I'm going to start with ginger and my grandfather who was in the navy during vietnam says "all you need is saltines". So I'll keep the bonine handy but go with the non-medicinal stuff at first. Thanks for your help, dramamine makes my wife deathly drowsy so she doesn't feel like she should go with the patches either, that's why we choose the non-drowsy bonine.

I think I might try to get her into to get the patches if needed as a backup.

Thanks again.

Glad its almost your time on the Celebration.

Sounds like your packed and ready.

??Cappuchino??

Naw girl, Gotta have those Margaritas....

Do name your (poison) (hooch) that you packed???

And for those who like to snorkel...go to your Sam's Warehouse for the professional snorkel gear. Great buy in a package of mask, dry snorkel, fins, and carry case...$40.00.

Kim, do you snorkel??

:o

The "cappuchino" comment is kinda a running joke with Suseg, myself and several other past Celebration pax. I'm horribly ADDICTED (I fully admit it . . . no denial here) to the things.

I've got my Parrot Bay (coconut rum) and regular rum all packed and ready. Even brought along my own pineapple juice just in case I couldn't find any flavorful mixer for my parrot bay.

Sorry I don't snorkel but one of the days I've gotta try that . . . maybe my NEXT cruise!!! :D .

Well . . . all packed and ready . . . I sure wish this night would pass quickly!!! Unfortunately . . . I'm so wound up that I probably won't get to sleep for HOURS!!!!!

I agree...the patches are great! We use them all the time (me especially as I am very prone to motion sickness)...we were on a VERY ROUGH fishing charter, out of Oregon, a couple of years ago...everyone was "tossin'" over the rails but us...we just lived through the wind, rain and rough seas...caught our fish...claimed our crabs and had a day! I have found that if you put one on two days before you leave then any drowsiness will have passed as your system becomes used to the medication. Have used them on our last three cruises...will never cruise without them again.:)

This is our 5th cruise in 3 years!! We've always gone on the newer ships but this is me & my husbands 1st road trip down to Florida by ourselves. So it doesn't matter how fun it is were taking the cruise to just get away from Ohio and spend time together!! I still have a little less than 3 months to go!

I'm trying to play catch up here so bear with me . . . I've never cruised before but . . . none of my group (myself, mother and two 14 year old girls) had any trouble with motion sickness on this ship even though we traveled "south" through the outskirts of Arlene!!!!!!!!! Unless you are VERY SENSITIVE to motion you shouldn't have any trouble!!!!

watch the patches closely the first couple of hours I used them and have never had a problem with medicine before, but within the first couple of hours with the patch my eyes became dilated and my vision was very burred. I had to take it off fast and it took my first couple of days getting my eyes back normal.:( But my trip was still awesome:)

Archived