Sky Bar on Oasis...Port or Starboard???

We are planing a pre-muster drill get together for our Oasis cruise at either the Mast Bar or Sky Bar. According to all the deck plans I see on all the sites, the Sky is on the port side & the Mast is on the Starboard side however.....according to all the pictures I find it is the exact opposite. It has been a while since I was on Oasis & I want to provide accurate information to the group so which is correct???

We are planing a pre-muster drill get together for our Oasis cruise at either the Mast Bar or Sky Bar. According to all the deck plans I see on all the sites, the Sky is on the port side & the Mast is on the Starboard side however.....according to all the pictures I find it is the exact opposite. It has been a while since I was on Oasis & I want to provide accurate information to the group so which is correct???

I am pretty sure from what I remember, both are on the Port side.

I am pretty sure from what I remember, both are on the Port side.

Here's is what I'm seeing:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2Et1qVLocGRVFhnVrtkhgYpZKzZ1H6osY1531u1epuzhVrKivlw

Oasis_Sky_Bar_3219.JPG

I can tell by the shape of the roof in these pictures that forward would be to the right in these pictures & aft would be to the left. If that is the case then the Sky Bar is in fact on the right side (or starboard side) of the ship. The other side of this roof line covers the other bar on the left side, which would be the Mast Bar. If you look at the deck plans (on Royal's site or any other) it shows the 2 bars are in the opposite positions. It appears to be a mistake in the deck plans & I just wanted to see if someone else could confirm this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1781792&page=4

Scroll down to the 16th post on the linked page. (post #76)

I do see that in those pictures the 2 bars appear to be in the same position as the deck plans show but I went back up to post #68 & saw that these pictures were from Allure & not Oasis.

"Continuing on with our tour of the Allure of the Seas..."

I also noticed that the picture (or outline) of a ship underneath the bar on the pictures I found was something different in the pictures in that link. I know that the 2 ships are twins but they are not identical. Could it be that the 2 bars are reversed on these 2 ships. It certainly wouldn't be the only thing that is different about them.

Sky is port, Mast is Starboard

bobj

ok, I retract this. I based it on cruisedeckplans dot com , and my memories of allure, but after looking at a number of pictures from various sources I believe you are right about the bars being reversed, ie Sky starboard on Oasis. Not 100% sure, but it sure looks like it in the pictures I can find too.

bobj

ok, I retract this. I based it on cruisedeckplans dot com , and my memories of allure, but after looking at a number of pictures from various sources I believe you are right about the bars being reversed, ie Sky starboard on Oasis. Not 100% sure, but it sure looks like it in the pictures I can find too.

bobj

I checked several different sites with deck plans before I started this thread because the plan just didn't match the pictures. I guess you see what I see. I've been on both the "Big Twins" & had a very nice meet & greet at the Starboard side bar but couldn't remember if it was Mast or Sky. Thanks for taking the time to help me confirm my thinking. If anyone else wants to chime in on this feel free to go ahead.

Archived