2006 - Seattle/Vancouver to Osaka?

vandave70

Does anyone know if the Sapphire or the Diamond will be sailing the Seattle/Vancouver -- Alaska -- Osaka route in the fall of 2006 at the end of the Alaska season. I can't seemt to find either of their schedules after past September 2006. It was offered last year and I believe the Diamond will be sailing it in late September 2005. This is a cruise I would like to do, but can't this year.

You are right; the Diamond will be sailing from SEA on Sept 24, arriving Osaka Oct 12 of this year. I have booked a group of friends on this cruise (of course, me included!) So, it is operating this year, but I have not yet see the 2006 schedule.

Cheers

We did the reverse of that itinerary, Osaka to Vancouver, 4-97, on the Sky Princess (now Pacific Sky for P&O Australia), and enjoyed it very much.

Be aware that it can be a cold weather cruise - they had to close the outside decks for a couple of days between Vladivostock and the Aleutians, due to ice build-up. The Sky Princess had that wonderful (and huge) indoor hot tub. It was well used in that cold climate.

I was fascinated by the remnants of the Soviet Russian Pacific Fleet, rusting away as hulks in Vladivostock's harbor, cruisers, submarines, and other assorted vessels.

Archived