Recent Cruisers thoughts on Explorer of the Seas

Maggiehar

Hi Everyone,

Today I placed on hold 2 rooms for the May 11th sailing. This cruise is for my parents who are 89 and 86. They get around pretty well but we will need some assistance from time to time. My husband and I usually sail on Princess and we always have a good time. Would someone who has cruised this itinerary and ship before let me know their thoughts. I liked the idea of the ship docking overnight so we could do two short trips during the day and my parents would have time to rest. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Any questions about the Caribbean Princess just send my way. Happy to help.

Margaret

Hi Everyone,

Today I placed on hold 2 rooms for the May 11th sailing. This cruise is for my parents who are 89 and 86. They get around pretty well but we will need some assistance from time to time. My husband and I usually sail on Princess and we always have a good time. Would someone who has cruised this itinerary and ship before let me know their thoughts. I liked the idea of the ship docking overnight so we could do two short trips during the day and my parents would have time to rest. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Any questions about the Caribbean Princess just send my way. Happy to help.

Margaret

Is this sailing to Bermuda only? If so, they should be just fine...transportation to any and everywhere on the island is right at your doorstep as you leave the ship. The Explorer is a beautiful ship and not hard to get around on...if you can say more about what you have planned, I'd be happy to share our experiences...

Sailed on the Explorer to Bermuda in Oct., we've been there numerous times. We liked the Explorer very much despite the fact that someone said she was tired looking, something we didn't see.

May I suggest that you go to the Bermuda ports of call board for any and everything pertaining to Bermuda.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

The shipyard that your are referring to is officially The Royal Naval Dockyard, or just Dockyard, not the Dockyard.;) Despite its name, your father will not find any ships there other than another cruise ship or 2 that's docked same time as them. However, there is maritime museum at Dockyard that he would probably enjoy.

I've sailed Princess, really liked it and found it comparable to Royal Caribbean in many ways. Princess wins hands down for having cabins available as soon as you board.:) I can't imagine you would be disappointed with the Explorer if you don't try to compare every last thing with Princess.

Archived