Question for all Cove Balcony lovers....

KPfromCT

Does anyone know why the dividers don't open on the coves? This was a BUMMER to find out today.:mad:

I think some of them do, some don't. We had a connecting room Cove on the Dream and ours did not open because our balcony doors were side by side, so the "divider" was also the doors that were used to seal off the balcony in case of rough seas. They did seal them off one night, but opened them the next morning. About midway through the cruise we found a little lever inside the divider and were able to open it. However, when open one person could not go in their balcony door because it was blocked.

Where are you getting this information ?

I have 2 coves on the Breeze booked specifically for the reason of having the divider opened.

The CCL site describes which rooms adjoin each other.

There is another thread on the board right now, and it says the only difference between a cove and a "regular" balcony is that the divider cannot be opened. That's why I started a new thread. I am hoping someone who has had a cove, and was able to open the divider will tell us. Hoping it's not true. The dividers look just like the normal balcony dividers. Fingers crossed!!!!

I think some of them do, some don't. We had a connecting room Cove on the Dream and ours did not open because our balcony doors were side by side, so the "divider" was also the doors that were used to seal off the balcony in case of rough seas. They did seal them off one night, but opened them the next morning. About midway through the cruise we found a little lever inside the divider and were able to open it. However, when open one person could not go in their balcony door because it was blocked.

So, would I have to call Carnival and give them the specific cabin numbers to see if they open? Really would love to have them open to hang out with our friends.:)

There is another thread on the board right now, and it says the only difference between a cove and a "regular" balcony is that the divider cannot be opened. That's why I started a new thread. I am hoping someone who has had a cove, and was able to open the divider will tell us. Hoping it's not true. The dividers look just like the normal balcony dividers. Fingers crossed!!!!

the cove balconies partitions do open. Although if the room is connecting (ie. you can enter one room thru an attached door than the balcony partitions WILL NOT open). I've been in a cove as well as have it on good authority that it is like this.

Love my coves. Plus the cove balconies imho have less movement then the balconies on deck 6 and higher.

Enjoy your cove!:D

the cove balconies partitions do open. Although if the room is connecting (ie. you can enter one room thru an attached door than the balcony partitions WILL NOT open). I've been in a cove as well as have it on good authority that it is like this.

Love my coves. Plus the cove balconies imho have less movement then the balconies on deck 6 and higher.

Enjoy your cove!:D

Thanks KrystalWaters!!!! These are NOT connecting cabins, so I am thinking that we are OK.:D

someone just posted a review of the dream here in the forums past week or so and they had a cove with connecting balconies with a photo showing it. I know the goccl site doesn't work where it showed which cabins have cove balcony dividers that open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... I apologize fer ne spellng miztakes as itz hard to type on dis little fone

someone just posted a review of the dream here in the forums past week or so and they had a cove with connecting balconies with a photo showing it. I know the goccl site doesn't work where it showed which cabins have cove balcony dividers that open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... I apologize fer ne spellng miztakes as itz hard to type on dis little fone

i work as a contractor for carnival and it shows on my end. :rolleyes:

All the dividers open, as this is how the crew goes along and closes the storm doors when needed. The storm doors are not the dividers. The problem is that the storm door, when open, is up against the divider, so you can't open the divider to the balcony on that side.

Below is a picture of our cabin, 2353. The storm door would be to the left of the balcony door, effectively blocking the divider from opening. Likewise with the cabin to the left of ours, 2349, whose balcony door would be on their right. Their storm door would be back to back with ours. However, the cabin to our right, 2357, would be a mirror to ours as well, and their window would be on their left, and their balcony door on their right. So the divider would open between us and 2357, (note that opening the divider also blocks the view out of one of the windows). Basically, the dividers aren't blocked by storm doors on adjacent cabins whose beds share the common wall between them. How you tell which way each cabin is laid out, I have no idea.

385224_10151482185723408_1062125139_n.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived