Select Dining on Eclipse.

Killiepie

I have booked Eclipse cruise from Southampton for two couples/cabins, myself included. Chose Select Dining due to the times of the 1st/2nd sittings in the MDR. These I think are 6.00pm and 8.45pm. One is too early the other too late from our point of view. While Select gives you flexibility of just "turning up", which may be the main reason for choosing this option for some, we will probably make reservations for say 7.45pm each evening. While the booking was made with a local TA and is being paid by myself the initial paperwork from Celebrity indicates different reference numbers for each couple. Out of curiousity I logged into my account and eventually brought up Select dining reservations. I see there is a tick box asking if you wish to be seated with other people. I thinks this is asking if you are content to join a larger table! I am however unsure what the input is to ensure our friends are seated at the same table. There does not appear to be any option to input their reference number. Am I missing something or alternatively do I simply input 4 persons for dinner under my reference?

Cheers.

Speak to the Maitre D in the MDR the day you embark. He will arrange for your group to eat together at whatever time you prefer. I just did the same thing on the Eclipse, we had a group of seven. We had the same table every evening which was great. It's nice having the same wait staff because they know your preferences.

Archived