coming out of hiding.. some beginner ?s

laurenfl15

oh man, last time i posted on here i was planning a cruise in which i hoped to get engaged.

now, 6 years later, im married for 3 years with a 1.5 year old daughter and yearning for a mommy daddy cruise.

i love cruises.. spent 3 months on semester at sea going everywhere incollege than 3 carnival cruises.

a few starter questions ( ill be on tons this year)

1. we just got tax refund and im kinda tempted to put down a deposit ( via early saver) for later this year. it just makes me nervous.. what if i get pregnant ( oh please not yet!) what if something changes in 10 months? id kinda prefer to wait to pay in full. im local in orlando and i rarely see sellouts. whats the advantage to putting a deposit early?

2. wanna hear something crazy? im from titusville so sailing outta portcanaveral is totally expense free. people could drop us off etc.

wanna hear more crazy? we love burgers and guy so much im actually tempted to sail out of miami for the full 2.0 restaurants. i get free gas ( work car)so id be extra parking cost only.

am totally crazy and over thinking how good guys and the burrito bar?

oh man, last time i posted on here i was planning a cruise in which i hoped to get engaged.

now, 6 years later, im married for 3 years with a 1.5 year old daughter and yearning for a mommy daddy cruise.

i love cruises.. spent 3 months on semester at sea going everywhere incollege than 3 carnival cruises.

a few starter questions ( ill be on tons this year)

1. we just got tax refund and im kinda tempted to put down a deposit ( via early saver) for later this year. it just makes me nervous.. what if i get pregnant ( oh please not yet!) what if something changes in 10 months? id kinda prefer to wait to pay in full. im local in orlando and i rarely see sellouts. whats the advantage to putting a deposit early?

If there are any doubts and you are 10 months out from sailing, I would not book Early Saver......Now having said that, if you were to go ahead and book early saver and then before final payment need to change to a different date it is only going to cost you a $50 change fee, the remaining funds you paid can be applied to your next cruise as part of the cruise fare but only if you book the new cruise at the same time you cancel the ES cruise....otherwise your funds will be given back to you in the form of an OBC.......

2. wanna hear something crazy? im from titusville so sailing outta portcanaveral is totally expense free. people could drop us off etc.

I would love to live in that area, and hope once family obligations are settled here to at least spend my winters down there...Can't imagine getting off a ship at 8am and being home and back in my bed by 8:45....

wanna hear more crazy? we love burgers and guy so much im actually tempted to sail out of miami for the full 2.0 restaurants. i get free gas ( work car)so id be extra parking cost only.

am totally crazy and over thinking how good guys and the burrito bar?

My opinion only...I thought the Guy's burgers on the breeze were just okay......I thought the fries were far superior to the old ones......the taco's and burrito's were just okay....the best thing was the toppings bar in both places......but I spent 10 years in Texas, so it takes a lot to impress me with a burrito.......

Sorry I didn't highlight my responses imbedded in your post above.

I would cruise out of Miami also, and because of your uncertainty I wouldn't book Early Saver. The big advantages of booking this early are having your choice of cabins and (hopegully) getting a good fare. You'll have price protection until final payment date even without Early Saver. If you get to final payment and decide not to go you can get all your money back.

I can almost guarantee you'll find fares slashed if you can go last-minute on Glory the first or second week of Dec. Same with Conquest; both will be out of Miami this Dec. We were on Valor/Glory B2B last Dec. and got awesome rates for 3 PAX while all the kids are in school.

Archived