Shore Excursions for Summer

Just having quick look, looks quite interesting, once you entered all teh details, brings up a list of your cruise, excursions available at each stop, tou can select Walking Easy, Shopping, Scenic, Refreshments Included, etc.

You can then select what you want, number of people etc, gives you the price, and adds it to your planner, so you can see at a glance all your days, and what oyu are interested in, before you then click book.

Also, before you book, on the left, you can download a PDF detailing all the excursions, something to read at work :)

Thanks for this. Bit of a strange one - We are doing Crimean Discovery on the celebration on 5th august. The last port of call is Cesme where it says we are there from 12.00 - until 17.00. One of the bookable and payable tours is a boat tour which looks lovely (includes snorkelling), but the tour lasts 7 hours! Am I missing something?

Thanks for this. Bit of a strange one - We are doing Crimean Discovery on the celebration on 5th august. The last port of call is Cesme where it says we are there from 12.00 - until 17.00. One of the bookable and payable tours is a boat tour which looks lovely (includes snorkelling), but the tour lasts 7 hours! Am I missing something?

I think there is a mistake on some of the excursions, as I noticed another that is in the afternoon, but is 7 1/2 hours.

We're on that one, too & liked the look of the boat trip, I did wonder if the ship will arrive earlier into Cesme but with it travelling all the way from Istanbul, I'm not so sure. We have been to Cesme before, lovely resort & shame the ship is only staying 5 hours......not sure whether to do the boat trip or go to explore places we used to visit!!

It has been posted on Facebook that either there is a mistake with the timings into Cesme in which case the excursions will go ahead and the times will be changed or if you book the trip & the times are 12-5 then the team will contact you (& I assume refund you). Just keep checking the times to see if it does get changed. I would be surprised if they get from Istanbul any earlier than that though - it took us a whole day and night at sea from Marmaris last year.

It has been posted on Facebook that either there is a mistake with the timings into Cesme in which case the excursions will go ahead and the times will be changed or if you book the trip & the times are 12-5 then the team will contact you (& I assume refund you). Just keep checking the times to see if it does get changed. I would be surprised if they get from Istanbul any earlier than that though - it took us a whole day and night at sea from Marmaris last year.

Thanks. Looks like your right - they have removed that excursion now. Apparantly Cesme itsf is nice so will probable just go and wander.

Thanks. Looks like your right - they have removed that excursion now. Apparantly Cesme itsf is nice so will probable just go and wander.

Cesme was lovely when we went 20 years ago, I don't think it will have become too spoilt as it's more of a resort for the Turkish people, a lot of people who live in Istanbul have holiday homes there & fortunately the UK mass tourist market never got there & spoilt it like a lot of other places in Turkey!! Are you booking any more trips? We're disappointed with the Constsnta ones, don't sound very exciting apart from the full day one which seems an awful long way to go- I shall wait to see what other people do on the earlier cruises before I book anything, I think!!!

That sounds good then! Yes we feel the same about constanta. Nothing really jumps out at us. We've booked the Crimean Sevastopol one and hoping to do the submarine base ourselves in the afternoon. For Nessebar we'll probably look around the old town ourselves, then constanta, as you say we'll wait and see what people suggest. Istanbul seems easy DIY (and a long day) so perhaps a chilled out day in constanta and cesme would be good anyway. Are you on the same cruise as us in August?

That sounds good then! Yes we feel the same about constanta. Nothing really jumps out at us. We've booked the Crimean Sevastopol one and hoping to do the submarine base ourselves in the afternoon. For Nessebar we'll probably look around the old town ourselves, then constanta, as you say we'll wait and see what people suggest. Istanbul seems easy DIY (and a long day) so perhaps a chilled out day in constanta and cesme would be good anyway. Are you on the same cruise as us in August?

Yes, we are;). Think we are going to do the Submarine trip with Thomson & then do Sevastopol ourselves; was hoping Thomson would do a full day combining the two. We shall do Nessebar ourselves too. We did Istanbul last year - amazing city & very easy to DIY & we will be pleased to go back to see some places we missed last time. Can certainly recommend Topkapi Palace & the Harem (get there as early as poss & do Harem first before it gets too busy). We also enjoyed the Blue Mosque, the underground Cisterns & the Spice Market. Hope to go to Hagia Sophia & the Suleymaniye Mosque this time. Of course we will be sailing through the Bosphorous to get to the Black Sea so hope that's in the day; we did a boat trip last year on the Bosphorous & that was lovely!

booked for the adriatic

Well done mtt, you must be organised.:)

We are going to St. Petersburg in June, and I spent ages last year deciding where we wanted to go and juggleing the excursions about so we could fit everything in. This year there aren't as many and they are on different days to last year so I'm back to square one.:o

Archived