Old Lahaina Luau

sgk2000

How far in advance should we book this luau? Keep hearing how it sells out quickly. We have read all the good things about this luau and really want to do it. We will be there in September. We have cruise, hotel and air fare booked so are definitely planning on this trip..... but never know if something unexpected will happen in the future to cancel trip. Leary about booking excursions too far in advance. Do they charge you as soon as you book? Will they refund money if you are unable to attend?

According to their website you may cancel up to 10 am the morning of the show as long as you're not in a group of 15 or more. After 10 you will not receive a refund. And if I remember correctly my charge went through the day I made the reservation which was about 5 months before our trip.

According to their website you may cancel up to 10 am the morning of the show as long as you're not in a group of 15 or more. After 10 you will not receive a refund. And if I remember correctly my charge went through the day I made the reservation which was about 5 months before our trip.

Thanks that's good to know

We were thinking of going to the Lahaina luai in May but trying to figure out if there's any transportation available without renting a car. I heard that cab fare is $75 each way! :eek:

We are on RCI Rhapsody so we will tender at Lahaina so cab fare won't be an issue for us.

Likewise, we have booked for our Nov. cruise arrival already. First come gets the better seats. We will rent a car anyway as it's easy to travel on this small island. Car rental seems to be less than the cab fare and can be used to get around. Don't wait. Much to see and do.

We are on RCI Rhapsody so we will tender at Lahaina so cab fare won't be an issue for us.

That would be very convenient. I've sailed on Rhapsody before but not since the refurb. It used to be homeported in Galveston so it was very convenient for us. Nice ship and I know it's even better now!

It is true that the sooner you book, the better seat you get. However, they do NOT charge your credit card until a day or two before the show. I know this because I booked our luau for this coming October (2013) last October (2012).

We will be renting a car there and probably tour during the day and then drive to the luau. Of course, someone will have to be the designated driver. :( That is the one drawback of no affordabletransportation.

Judy

That would be very convenient. I've sailed on Rhapsody before but not since the refurb. It used to be homeported in Galveston so it was very convenient for us. Nice ship and I know it's even better now!

First time on Vision class ships, always sailed the larger ships before. Watched the videos on the refurbished Rhapsody and it looks very nice. We were going to book the Radiance to Hawaii but liked the itinerary on the Rhapsody better.

It is true that the sooner you book, the better seat you get. However, they do NOT charge your credit card until a day or two before the show. I know this because I booked our luau for this coming October (2013) last October (2012).

We will be renting a car there and probably tour during the day and then drive to the luau. Of course, someone will have to be the designated driver. :( That is the one drawback of no affordabletransportation.

Judy

I just called them and booked the luau. She told me that if I booked online, I would be charged whole amount but if I booked on the phone the reservation is held with your credit card and charged the night of the luau. You can cancel up until 10 a.m. the day of the luau with no charge.

I just called them and booked the luau. She told me that if I booked online, I would be charged whole amount but if I booked on the phone the reservation is held with your credit card and charged the night of the luau. You can cancel up until 10 a.m. the day of the luau with no charge.

I can verify this is correct. We booked online and our card was charged. One less payment to worry about when we're in Hawaii :)

• 1 month later...

Archived