Honeymoon on Dawn

Sapphy

Hello everyone,

I have looked in the Special Interest section but most of the posts are about actually getting married on board. What I am wondering is if NCL does anything special for honeymooners. I stumbled across the European NCL site and saw something about a honeymooners reception (along with OBC!) but can't find anything about that on the North American site. I would love to ensure our honeymoon is as amazing as possible. Any tips? We are planning on doing the Chef's Table.

We are going on the Dawn out of Boston for the 14 day repositioning cruise on Nov 1, 2013. We have a mini suite booked but were considering upgrading to a suite. Our only hold back is that the suites in the next price range don't have balconies and beyond that, we really can't afford it along with drinks, excursions and the other fun stuff on a cruise. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone,

I have looked in the Special Interest section but most of the posts are about actually getting married on board. What I am wondering is if NCL does anything special for honeymooners. I stumbled across the European NCL site and saw something about a honeymooners reception (along with OBC!) but can't find anything about that on the North American site. I would love to ensure our honeymoon is as amazing as possible. Any tips? We are planning on doing the Chef's Table.

We are going on the Dawn out of Boston for the 14 day repositioning cruise on Nov 1, 2013. We have a mini suite booked but were considering upgrading to a suite. Our only hold back is that the suites in the next price range don't have balconies and beyond that, we really can't afford it along with drinks, excursions and the other fun stuff on a cruise. Any thoughts?

Those "SJ" suites without balconies are beautiful & spacious. If you could live without a balcony, you'd love these for the space and the view out of the wall of windows. There's lounge chairs on the deck just above your suite (called the "Quiet Zone"), or right down the hall in the pool area. There's also a 10 person hot tub in the Quiet Zone. You'd also have a full size tub and separate shower (built for 2 :eek:). Check out youtube for video of these suites and see whether you think you could live without a balcony. I think they're perfect for a honeymoon !

Hello everyone,

What I am wondering is if NCL does anything special for honeymooners. I stumbled across the European NCL site and saw something about a honeymooners reception (along with OBC!) but can't find anything about that on the North American site. I would love to ensure our honeymoon is as amazing as possible. Any tips? We are planning on doing the Chef's Table.

I don't know of anything special for free, but it may be buried somewhere.

They do have bon voyage deals for honeymooners/romance packages. We're debating those on another thread in this section (which you can search for in NCL's section). Basically, it depends on what you like or don't. Some of the input from that thread... If you enjoy sparkling wine and such, it's a better deal than buying it separately. Some people were told that the massages were limited to shore days, which meant they had to choose whether or to the massages or something ashore. The tea service is not a "tea service" in the normal sense of the word (sandwiches and scones and such); it's just tea delivered to your stateroom, which you can get anyway. Some people couple it with the canapes, but others say you get the canapes as part of a suite anyway or that they didn't care for the canapes, so that is of limited value. The flowers are beautiful, but you can bring flowers aboard with you, so it's not necessarily worth it for everyone. While some people enjoy the packages, others say it's better to buy the portions they want ala carte and skip the rest.

In addition to those packages, they have "party packages" for bon voyage or congratulations. While they have one for anniversary, there isn't a specific one for just married. Those aren't badly priced ($35 or so) and include decorations and a cake. Everyone who has gotten those loved them (so far in watching comments) and it's special to come to the room and find it decorated.

DML

We have done the romance package before, but the price is higher now and we would just do al a carte... How about a spa pass, couples razule in the spa (mud eachother use special scrubs and then rain shower) , then a romantic dinner in lebistro or cagneys, oh and choc covered strawberries and champagne for embark? We love the suites, but in looking at the sj just didn't think we could go without a balcony, so we booked sf, and if we can't afford it closer to final payment we will drop to a balcony.

A mini suite is nice but you should look again at the suites. You would receive all of the perks, which are special in themselves. Also, since you are sailing so late in the season, I would not think a balcony is a necessity. Plenty of outdoor space to be had just one deck up.

Thanks everyone. I guess I should mention that we were able to book the mini suite for the price of a balcony. I've read on here that penthouses are amazing but I can't seem to price it out. Does the Dawn not have any?

Archived