Cave tubing - where do you put tennis shoes?

hartskys

We are planning on wearing tennis shoes when we do the hike back to where we will be tubing then change into water shoes - where will we be able to put our tennis shoes though?

I think water shoes are not very good for hiking the path,,, and I think running shoes are not very good in the water, so I took strap on sandals that are pretty good for walking in , and also, pretty good in the water. A little thicker sole than a water shoe....

The path is good condition, so most [maybe all besides me,, I didn't take notice] wore water shoes to walk... but we did have someone step on a rock, sharp enough to poke thru the water shoe and injured their foot.. making the rest of their journey very uncomfortable !

If you wear the water shoes,, take a little extra effort to concentrate where you are stepping.. and you will be fine. You can leave your other shoes at the Bus in the parking lot in this case.

If you want to wear the tennis shoes ... and change at the end of the path,, you might take a zip lock bag to put them in,, and something like a carabiner to attach the bag to your tube, or life jacket.

One thing to remember is you have to "ford" the river very soon along the path.. so you may want to change to water shoes .. and back

Other suggestion would be ,, email your guide you booked with and ask them..

Happy Trails!

meester's right, you have to cross the river twice along the trail.

Switching between tennis shoes and water shoes isn't practical.

Depending on the water level and you height, your shorts could get wet and then drip into your shoes anyways.

The best option is to find 'sneaker' like water shoes

Archived