zipline tours in various ports

DT1304

In some ports, for example Icy Strait, the zipline tour has a minimum weight requirement of 90 pounds, while in others it is 70 pounds.

My son weighs 75 pounds, but would love to do a zipline tour.

Can anyone tell me why there is such a large difference in weight requirements and also which zipline tour is the best in your opinions.

(The Icy Strait zipline tour seems the best as it is the longest and highest, but obviously weight limitations prohibit this one)

Not sure what the weight limits are, but my niece and her boyfriend did the zipline in Ketchikan and raved about it. Go on Ketchikan's Visitor Website or google "Zipline In Ketchikan, AK." I believe there are two - the one my DN did was a series of zip lines thru the rainforest, sorry, can't remember the exact name of it. Good luck - hope you find something that will work for your son. I know Juneau has a zipline as well, check them out too.

If you don't weigh enough there won't be enough force to keep your momentium up and you could stall. OTOH if you are too heavy the line could snap:D.

It seems like zip lines are becoming very popular in AK - Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway,and now Icy Point - not to mention the ones on the interior.

We went on zipline adventures in Juneau with our kids (10 and 13). No hand breaking needed which is nice for kids. The assistance do the breaking. The kids loved it. They were very nice and well organized. We booked this on our own not through the cruise line.

Archived