Long-term parking options in Vancouver?

Vexorg

Me and a couple of my friends are going to be doing a 3-day repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver on the Island Princess in May, and I am currently trying to figure out the best way to get ourselves back to Seattle from Vancouver once we get off the ship. At least one of us needs to be able to get back as quickly as possible once we get off the ship. Amtrak and Quick Shuttle look like they would end up taking longer than we would like to get back, so I am looking into the possibility of taking a car up to Vancouver beforehand, parking it for a few days, then picking up the car and driving back after the cruise. I imagine something like parking at an airport lot at YVR and taking the Skytrain over would be the best way to do this, and would probably be cheaper than bus fare for 3 people, although the logistics of getting a car there to park in the first place might be a bit of a pain. Has anyone tried this before?

We did a three day round trip cruise out of Vancouver last year and we ended up parking at Canada Place for the three days. I looked around at pricing and parking options downtown and it was convenient just to pay a little extra to park at Canada Place. I think it's a little cheaper if you book ahead, http://www.vinciparkcanadaplace.ca/index.html

Look at driving to Vancouver parking the car then take the evening Amtrak back to Seattle.

The daily rate at Canada Place is currently $23. The Economy lot at YVR is $23 (a little less if you pay at the kiosk) the out lot is $15.75. To the YVR daily rates you need to add $4 pp to go out to YVR on the Canada Line. I would be inclined to use the parking at Canada Place.

If I drove up to Canada Place and parked I could probably have one of my friends drive up in a second car and get a ride back down here from them, but it sounds like it would probably require at least 5-6 hours after work to make the trip up to Vancouver from here and back, which would make the schedule for taking a 7am flight the next morning really tight (Yes,I know about the "don't fly in the day of the cruise" rule and normally follow it for anything departing out of FLL, but morning flights from SEA to LAX are generally pretty reliable.)

I think the ideal thing to do would be to see if I could arrange for pickup in Vancouver when we get back, but I'm mostly trying to sort out the options if I can't arrange for that.

Still looking at various options right now, but it's looking like we might end up just hanging out in Vancouver for a while, then taking the train back to Seattle later in the afternoon. Still need to sort out the logistics of that, but as long as we have somewhere to stash luggage for a bit it shouldn't be a big deal.

There are a couple of options for luggage:

• use Priority Baggage Services at Canada Place which will charge you to check your bags.
  • go to one of the near-by hotels and tip a bell man to put your luggage in their lock up.
  • Catch SkyTrain out to the Main St. station, walk across walk a short block to the Pacific Central station and check your luggage with Via Rail....but this is not an efficient use of your time.

Archived