Amerisuites Fort Lauderdale - Priceline Question

aslaw

If you've stayed at Amerisuites in Fort Lauderdale and booked it through Priceline, I would appreciate it if you could answer a question for me. Will the hotel provide airport and cruiseport transportation without cost if the booking is though priceline? There are 6 of us departing on the Caribbean Princess in August and I'm reluctant to bid on priceline if the transportation is not included. Any savings via priceline will be eaten up in taxi fares. Also, we are planning to put 3 adults in a room. Priceline only guarantees 2 adults. However, as this is a suites hotel, I am assuming that the room will be able to handle 3 adults.

I am posting on the Hotels - Pre & Post-Cruise and the Princess boards.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Yes, even winning a Priceline Bid on Amerisuites entitles you to the shuttle to and from the airport/cruise port.

As for the third person in the room, there may be a slight charge ($10 if memory serves me correctly) for the third person.

aslaw-we are going to be booking a hotel in FLL for this fall and I had wanted to try and book with Priceline. I have never used them before. Could you tell me how you got that hotel and what # of stars you entered to bid on and what area of FLL you entered? I have looked at the site but was a bit intimidated to use it. Thanks for the help. The price you got was awesome compared to the posted rates on several internet hotel sites.

I'd use the free shuttle to get to the hotel but a taxi to get to the ship. Usually they have a sign up sheet for the shuttle to the pier and there may be a wait. Pier is close and a taxi (or two) would be cheap. Just a suggestion.

they want me to add 14.00 to the 50.00 i have already bid. Maybe it is too early for now. We have back ressie for 75.00 per night. I was able to ge this last thanksgiving weekend friday night for 35.00. I got it for my sisiter pre-cruise stay before she sailed on the Golden last thanksgiving week.:rolleyes: Oh Well I guess I will keep trying every 3 days for now.

they want me to add 14.00 to the 50.00 i have already bid. Maybe it is too early for now. We have back ressie for 75.00 per night. I was able to ge this last thanksgiving weekend friday night for 35.00. I got it for my sisiter pre-cruise stay before she sailed on the Golden last thanksgiving week.:rolleyes: Oh Well I guess I will keep trying every 3 days for now.

amy, Afraid I haven't seen any of those $35 bargains this past year. $50 is about the bottom line for Amerisuites. We booked not too long ago for november 4th and were able to secure a reservation for $50. Best of Luck!

It must just be that weekend, I won Amerisuites for dates in December with a $50 bid.

I booked Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Airport for the $50.00 plus tax with priceline. I bid for 2 1/2 stars and was upgraded to 3 stars. It is for Nov 12.

I will now cancel my previous reservation at Marriett for $148.00.

It was the first but not the last time I use Priceline.

Lori

Amy, last week I got 2 rooms at Amerisutes for 11-19-05 ( Post Night), on priceline for $50. Try bidding $55.00 and see what happens.

I used Priceline for my hotel reservation in March pre-cruise night at the Amerisuites. I flew from the Northwest and when I arrived at midnight to the Amerisuites, they gave my pre-paid room away. I was traveling all day with a young child also and all we wanted was a bed to sleep in but instead we were searching for a hotel room in FLL at 1am. Never again would I stay at the Amerisuites or would I use Priceline. Please check that day or prior with the Amerisuites to make sure that they will not give away your pre-paid room.

Hope you all have a better time than I did pre-cruise in FLL. This time we are staying at the Embassy suites and booked directly with them. I will pay more money to know that I will have the hotel room when I arrive after flying 9-10 hours (between airports and flights).

Corinne

OMG! You mean to tell me that they did not give you your room? I would be having total fits. Not acceptable and it would have been them finding ME a room, not me looking for one. That room is paid for and they have NO RIGHT to give it away whether you arrive at midnight or 4:00 AM.

I hope you made some enquirys to Priceline about this one.

I used Priceline for my hotel reservation in March pre-cruise night at the Amerisuites. I flew from the Northwest and when I arrived at midnight to the Amerisuites, they gave my pre-paid room away. I was traveling all day with a young child also and all we wanted was a bed to sleep in but instead we were searching for a hotel room in FLL at 1am. Never again would I stay at the Amerisuites or would I use Priceline. Please check that day or prior with the Amerisuites to make sure that they will not give away your pre-paid room.

Hope you all have a better time than I did pre-cruise in FLL. This time we are staying at the Embassy suites and booked directly with them. I will pay more money to know that I will have the hotel room when I arrive after flying 9-10 hours (between airports and flights).

Corinne

On the Priceline T&C's - they always advise you to call the hotel to let them know if you will arrive AFTER 6Pm.

From what I understand, the hotel cannot bill Priceline if the guest does not check in. (Priceline will pocket the money you paid but would not pay the hotel in case you dont check in.)

I have late arrivals many times on Priceline rooms. I always call ahead to make a notation with the hotel involved. Never have any issue. I have read about when guests arrived late, hotel was full and the guests were "walked" to another hotel, at no additional charge to the guests.

You should take it up with Priceline - they should give you refund when the hotel did not accommodate you.

Funny thing is....I had phoned the Amerisuites the day before to tell them what time my plane would arrive. We needed to take a taxi because the shuttle service stops at 11pm they told me. I even called when we landed and were waiting for our luggage and the front desk person told me to come on over by taxi. She didn't tell me until we arrived at the hotel that they had given my room away. I was not too happy and was too tired to argue with her. So found another hotel and got to bed at around 2am. I just told myself that never again would I use Priceline or stay at the Amerisuites when I am in FLL.

Corinne

sorry for the bad luck you have had with Priceline and Amerisuites at FLL.

normally things did turn out that way. obviously procedures broke down at Amerisuites at FLL that night you arrived. I were you, I would demand to speak to the night manager and have he (she) to find me a solution ... But I can fully understand being so tired you are, with kid, you just want to get it over with quick ...

Have you talked to Priceline after your return ? Priceline, despite the bad rap, can be reasonable and resolve issues, provided you take it up with them, and know the tactics.

biddingfortravel.com has many helpful hints on how to handle problems with priceline, fwiw.

Archived