Can I prepay Riviera gratuities online?

Terryd444

Hi all,

I have searched all over the website looking to prepay my gratuities before I leave, can't find a way to do it! Read through all the FAQs...nothing. Seems like this woud be easy to set up.

Am I going to have to call them? Or am I just missing how to do it?

Thanks everyone!

Terry

Hi all,

I have searched all over the website looking to prepay my gratuities before I leave, can't find a way to do it! Read through all the FAQs...nothing. Seems like this woud be easy to set up.

Am I going to have to call them? Or am I just missing how to do it?

Thanks everyone!

Terry

It would simply be a matter of putting enough money into your onboard account so that it will be sufficient to cover the gratuities which are assessed to the cabins in the category that you booked ($12.50 per guest per day in a stateroom, or $16.50 per guest per day in a Suite).

There is no incentive for paying those cabin steward gratuities up front. And in any case, no matter what you do now, the 18% auto-tip (on any onboard purchases) won't be covered. So there really isn't much point to prepaying, as you will have a bill at the end, regardless.

Ah, thank you!

The OBC....kind of like a little bank account!

I get that there is no real benefit, it just seemed odd since I charged an excursion to my credit card....I just like to get things over with quickly. Of course my money could be earning interest for another couple of months before I give it to them! I always pay off the CC right away, so thanks J&S for the reminder that it doesn't make sense to do everything ahead of time!

Terry

Archived