Wedding Advice: Esp LGBT or "Symbolic Wedding" as NCL calls it

Way

Wow that sounds nice! We asked for a day and time and they did honor that, they pretty much honored all our requests. I wasn't going to picky about the location, don't care if other passengers see it either. It doesn't have to be all that private. Just one little porthole or something to add that "ship on the ocean" touch, would have been nice. If I was hosting a corporate event, yes give me that conference room, that will work fine lol

I agree! The only time we went into a conference room was when we met with our photographer to go over all of our photos :)

True true, I shouldn't stress. :) The pressure is on because I have 26 guests, some coming from South Africa, one from Germany, a slew of gay boys from New York and DC, my mom's co workers and family. Lots of $$$ has been spent and we have been looking forward to this thing for 16 months! I even created a website and sent out the sickest invitations to hype up this trip so I just can't disappoint lol. The marriage is the real vibe yes, however the ceremony is for the guests so it better be epic!

We are getting both the Atlanic and Pacific conference rooms. I suppose they have a divider that can open up in the middle to make one room. From the deck plans, yeah they look pretty small. I may just have to work with the folks on-board because the reps on land can't guarantee anything really. It will be a matter of some last minute working up a deal kind of thing. I do have a Momzilla who is a serious cruiser and probably sailed NCL 10 times already in the last 5 years.

I'll let y'all know how that went and post lots of pictures. I heard Peter Max may be on our sailing. Should be interesting :)

If the rooms connect to make one big room it should probably work well for the number of guest. However, if you and Momzilla can get what YOU want than I say give it a TRY. After all it is YOUR day!!!

We were able to request a day/time and they did schedule it exactly when we wanted. I don't know if this is always the case or if we just got lucky? We did not try to request a location, but the location they assigned us (which happened to be the same place for our ceremony and our cocktail party) was great so we had no complaints. It was in the Star Bar on the Dawn, which has lots of windows and comfy chairs.

We didn't even know you could request specifics. It was actually our very first cruise with NCL as well as our wedding cruise. Sounds like NCL is very good to their guest. We both had great experiences.

We just sailed on the Breakaway (with Lipz!) and are getting married on-board in 2014. We spoke to the Group Service person on the ship and we are looking at having the ceremony in the Manhattan room using the dance floor for the actual ceremony.

I can't wait to read and hear more about our experience.

http://www.robertralphbreakawayweddingcruise2014.us/

Hey Robert....We ended up having dinner in The Manhattan Room on our last night. We had been in the room for daytime events but never saw it set up for dinner. It was very lovely and I think that's a perfect venue for you and Ralph's wedding.

If the rooms connect to make one big room it should probably work well for the number of guest. However, if you and Momzilla can get what YOU want than I say give it a TRY. After all it is YOUR day!!!

Yeah I am not too worried about the size of the space really. Momzilla did send one serious email soooo we'll see how that goes!

Yeah I am not too worried about the size of the space really. Momzilla did send one serious email soooo we'll see how that goes!

Momzilla checking in. I hope I can work something out. My gold latitude status does not seem to get me anywhere. I guess I will have to turn in the charm when we get in board. Thank you all for the feedback regarding the Breakaway and other NCL ship weddings we can take notes from each other and it will be helpful to future folks planning weddings.

Momzilla checking in. I hope I can work something out. My gold latitude status does not seem to get me anywhere. I guess I will have to turn in the charm when we get in board. Thank you all for the feedback regarding the Breakaway and other NCL ship weddings we can take notes from each other and it will be helpful to future folks planning weddings.

Nice to meet ya!

Glad we could all be of help and support.

Keep us posted.

• 8 months later...

AHHHH ONLY 77 DAYS at the time of this post! Tonight's our "Groomal" party and things are starting to get "real"!!

Seems like forever ago since I posted this! Thank you all of your input!

Planning is FINALLY done! Had some road bumps along the way, but we were able to work them out with the different NCL Staff's/groups etc.

AHHHH ONLY 77 DAYS at the time of this post! Tonight's our "Groomal" party and things are starting to get "real"!!

Planning is FINALLY done! Had some road bumps along the way, but we were able to work them out with the different NCL Staff's/groups etc.

I'm glad details are working out. Keep us posted, especially on THE day itself.

Wishing you a happy union.

Great to hear... congrats!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38791399#post38791399

June 16th, 2013 thread started by Saltbox2013

Norwegian Breakaway - Vow Renewal / Wedding - Group Event - June 2, 2013 Review

We were on the Breakaway when this lovely event took place.

Can you believe it has been almost a year ago? Where does the time go? Any cruise this year Sheila? We are doing one in July in Norway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Catherine,

We just returned from a wonderful 12 day Caribbean cruise on the Breakaway.

Enjoy your Norway cruise! We're strongly considering booking the Star's Norway cruise, sailing in June, 2015.

A year ago, at this time, you were busy planning such a lovely occasion. Hope everyone is doing well.

Sheila

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

Your time is almost near.....

Glad it's all falling into place for you guys.

Hi Catherine,

We just returned from a wonderful 12 day Caribbean cruise on the Breakaway.

Enjoy your Norway cruise! We're strongly considering booking the Star's Norway cruise, sailing in June, 2015.

A year ago, at this time, you were busy planning such a lovely occasion. Hope everyone is doing well.

Sheila

Sheila. We are booked on the Brilliance if RCL for July 26 th. I booked last year already. It's a graduation gift for DH Nic. He is finally almost done with his studies. There are so many choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations...to use a nautical term...being able to "go with the flow" on all of those quirky bumps makes all of the difference. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some pictures!

Lipz...looking forward to seeing you in a few months!

YAY! Please come back and tell us everything and show us pictures. Congrats on your wedding :)

• 1 month later...

Waylon...your wedding is just one month away!!! I am sending you both warm wishes as you make the final preparations for the big day. I am sure you are excited to head to warm weather too!

All the best...Robert

Waylon...your wedding is just one month away!!! I am sending you both warm wishes as you make the final preparations for the big day. I am sure you are excited to head to warm weather too!

All the best...Robert

Yes thank you Robert! Very excited! First day of spring...and it snowed in Chicago.... totally ready for the warm sun!

• 4 months later...