New Year's Eve cruise

rjackieb

My hubby and I are considering a New Year's Eve cruise with Carnival this year, but we're hesitating because we're not sure what to expect. I'd love to hear from anyone who's taken a cruise then, for answers to my questions and any others that haven't occurred yet. Thanks much.

What kind of events do they plan for New Year's Eve? With events for the holiday, is this cruise more formal than usual? Since schools will be out and many winter break-time cruises have more children than usual, will a New Year's Eve cruise see as many families with young children too?

My hubby and I are considering a New Year's Eve cruise with Carnival this year, but we're hesitating because we're not sure what to expect. I'd love to hear from anyone who's taken a cruise then, for answers to my questions and any others that haven't occurred yet. Thanks much.

What kind of events do they plan for New Year's Eve? With events for the holiday, is this cruise more formal than usual? Since schools will be out and many winter break-time cruises have more children than usual, will a New Year's Eve cruise see as many families with young children too?

Cruise on Carnival Conquests 3rd voyage over New Years, years ago. The cruise was very similar to others except probably a bit more formal on New Years Eve and there was a huge New Years Eve deck party. We loved it. It was great being out in the middle of the Gulf at midnight.

I have to admit, being a big fan of the Poseidon Adventure Movie, when the captain blew the horns at midnight I had an erie feeling and looked around for a tidal wave LOL.

I don't remember there being more kids, in fact, we left our daughter with her grand parents when we went. Had a great time

We were on the Fantasy this past New Years Eve. It was me, hubby, and two sons ages 10 and 14. We all had a wonderful time. I don't think there were any extra kids than there usually is, and Carnival does a great job of planning activities that keep them busy and out of the way. The ship was still decorated for the holidays, which was beautiful and nice to see. Our formal night was New Years and people were all dressed up around dinner time and some got less formal as midnight approached. I changed out of my dress and in to jeans as it was cool on the Lido, where the main NYE party was. NYE all over the ship was a party atmosphere, everyone having a good time and in good spirits. We were on the Lido for the countdown and there was free champagne flowing everywhere...any adult would find it very easy to get several glasses if you wanted. There was also a countdown going on in the atrium area but we did not see that. You can search on you-tube for several videos. The Lido was packed, they did a countdown, and everyone (adult) drank champagne, including the staff and crew and officers, who were dressed in uniform. I thought that was awesome that Carnival encouraged everyone to be there and enjoy themselves. Afterward there was a buffet. I have to say it was probably the best NYE party I have ever been to. In fact, we are going to book another NYE cruise this year. We are starting it as a family tradition, rather than buying a bunch of presents for the kids (who have everything anyway :) I am hoping to get some family and friends to go with us this year, probably on the Sunshine out of NOLO. I reccommend it, you will have the time of your life!

I would LOVE to do a NYE cruise since that is our anniversary. One year I will splurge and pay the extra amount instead of going a week later for half the price :)

I hope you get to do it soon, that sounds like a wonderful way to celebate! All we do is eat too much, watch football and take naps for our anniversary...we got married the day after Thanksgiving, so there's always a family feast day around it.

My mom, stepdad, fiancee and myself sailed on the Dream 2011-2012 and Liberty 2012-2013 NYE cruises, we love them and were going to do one again this year, but we decided that we are going to cruise to St Thomas to get married instead. But anyway, NYE cruises are a lot of fun and I would recommend them to anyone.

My mom, stepdad, fiancee and myself sailed on the Dream 2011-2012 and Liberty 2012-2013 NYE cruises, we love them and were going to do one again this year, but we decided that we are going to cruise to St Thomas to get married instead. But anyway, NYE cruises are a lot of fun and I would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks, congratulations and best wishes for your upcoming wedding!

Archived