Last minute options for Belize!

okiecruiser71

My wife and I will be on the Crown Princess next month. We have considered booking a ship excursion because I fear we will be in for a nightmare on the tendering process if we book an indy excursion but I'm still on the fence.

Princess' offerings are, in a word, dismal unless you enjoy cave tubing and seeing Mayan ruins.

We're considering Bannister Island or Caye Culker.

My questions: is it possible to get a water taxi to Caye Caulker or Bannister at the cruise ship area in Belize City and what is the reliability of this service? Going to another island makes me a little uneasy.

I presume all tendering processes will be a nightmare based on past experiences, so my other concern is booking an indy excursion only to miss it because it took 2-3 hours to get off the ship and into Belize City.

To clarify the post above, the water taxi does go to Caye Caulker, but in the chance that they were full for your return trip, you would not be a happy camper.

Using Coral Breeze Tours as your way to Caye Caulker makes sence as if they took you there, they will also take you back to the Tourist Village. Guaranteed transportation both ways !

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Sorry I worded that wrong. I meant water taxi does not go to Bannister.

To clarify the post above, the water taxi does go to Caye Caulker, but in the chance that they were full for your return trip, you would not be a happy camper.

Using Coral Breeze Tours as your way to Caye Caulker makes sence as if they took you there, they will also take you back to the Tourist Village. Guaranteed transportation both ways !

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Hello, I don't know if you've ever been to Belize before, but, I would not rent a car to drive around.

We've been there multiple times on our cruises. We love the Western Itinerary and on our way to our Mayan Ruin tour, there were men patroling in the street with machine guns.

I don't know the intricacies of the streets of Belize City, and we're not by any means scary people (growing up in the streets of Philly) however, that was enough for my husband to say only group tours and he's a Correction Officer in a State Prison.

We did do Bannister Island thru the ship and it was nice and expensive. We tendered straight to the island, which was nice. The beach day was enjoyable.

I wouldn't do it again. Been there. Done that.

Planning to go back on the Glory in April and will do Goffs Caye this time.

I personally wouldn't rent a car. :D

However, do choose a tour, don't stay on the ship. Especially if you're never been.:)

Archived