Private tour company in Provence-Marseille

Caroldoll

Has anyone had a good private tour company. We will be on Oceania next year and evidently we dock in Provence??? We would like a reliable tour company and the price isn't a problem.

THERE IS SO MUCH INFO ON THIS BOARD REGARDING YOUR QUESTION THAT IF YOU SIFT THROUGH SOME PAGES HERE OR USE SEARCH YOU WILL FIND A WEALTH OF INFO.Sorry for the caps.

Hi Caroldoll. Was on a ta cruise in Nov and used Catherine from Tour Designer tour co. She is the owner and a delight and very informative. We docked in Toulon and she took us to Provence and Cassis and wine tour. Had a wonderfu day. If you want additional info let me know

my email is ciraulo1@earthlink.net. I will be so appreciative since a lot of the comments on this board are NOT favorable to this port. Thank you so much.

Marseilles is not a bad port...used to be,but they are really trying to make it better.It can be a gateway into Provence.There are some recent posts on going to Les Baux,Cassis,and Avignon as well...lots of history in the old walled city.

:)Hi, I was checking out the port of Toulon/Provence because we are sailing on NCL's Spirit in August of 2014 (yes it's early but we booked anyway) and I happened to see that you are from Jackson too. We just moved here this summer and are planning our 5th cruise for summer of 2014. Our cruise offers a nice looking tour for Marseilles and Aix de Provence but as usual, I like to see what other people have planned, even if it's on a different sailing date. Have you made any plans for tour at this port? The city of Aix looks fabulous! Sometimes the private tours are better because you don't have to wait for 50 other passengers to get on and off the huge busses. We booked 90 % of private tours last time we did a Med. cruise with Carnival. We got to know 2 other couples very well online in the 9 months before we sailed from our roll call and we lucked out with fabulous tour guides in each city. So I am always interested in what shore excursions others are planning. I'd love to hear back from you! Thanks! JerseyJill...

Has anyone had a good private tour company. We will be on Oceania next year and evidently we dock in Provence??? We would like a reliable tour company and the price isn't a problem.

We will be using Transfert Services on out trip in October. Delphine has been very easy to work with to set up a tour from Marseille to Aix en Provence and Avignon,

They have gotten good reviews on Trip Advisor. Her Email is www.transfert-services.com.

Archived