Help with lost cruise

NolaCayenne

Anyone had a problem getting Carnival to update their cruise history. I don't know what else to try. I contacted Carnival on 1/25/13 in reference to cruise my family of 8 took in 2001. We had two rooms. I scanned and emailed to E Solutions the picture taken boarding ship with ship's name and date, I included our names, DOB's, etc... Shortly after that I received an email stating they received my email and were happy to look into inquiry and would get back to me as soon as they could, depending on circumstances, it may take up to 7-10 days to respond. Now again that was January 25th, so on 2/7 I called Carnival to upgrade our rooms for upcoming cruise and told them I was still missing a cruise credit. He suggested I go to manage my account and fill in info where it says missing a cruise. Ok I've done that, any suggestions on who to contact now? :confused:

I cruised on the Carnival Liberty in April 2011 and on the Imagination in June 2012.

Carnival still has me at 0 days sailed with them. Plenty of e-mails and phone calls but its still not revolved as of a few weeks ago.

I basically gave up. I hope they fix it some day as I would like to take another Carnival cruise (Breeze) this summer for me and my two sons as a guys getaway. I already have my spouse and step daughters booked on NCL, booked my parents on RCCL and Costa AND Celebrity and I already just took a Princess cruise this pasty November(yeah I know Carnival Corp owns them). Hoping to book a Spring break cruise for my family plus family from Canada but it seems Carnival would prefer we book elsewhere.

Looking to book this weekend for something and will check Carnival one more time but I am not holding my breath.

I do understand issues with the Triumph dominating their time now. Thought my issue would have been resolved within the two weeks after they received my info but after hearing from Rottweiler Puppy I too will cross my fingers and hope they can get it straight one day soon.

Hope you get it resolved. I know I have never had a problem with them updating my cruise history. We just finished a cruise Feb 10 and my cruise history was update today. Not to mention my husband cruised back in 1996 and I think 1994 and they have those two cruise in his history. So I'm sure it will get updated.

I do seem to remember my TA at that time (no longer in operation) stated she might tag us with another group for a better rate but don't remember that happening. Always paid rates posted. Even if we were under a group booking we still had rooms assigned to us in our names. Seems like if they were to enter our names, and DOB, some sort of cross referencing would occur and we would surely show up.

:confused:

How did you get into your room? The S&S card is your room key.

Not in the 80's and 90's. You had an actual key to your room and the S&S card was actually paper carbon copy that barely made it thru a 7 day cruise much less having it now. And if you did have it you wouldn't be able to read the carbon copy anyway.

By the way I have 4 cruises from back then that I will never get credit for.

Not in the 80's and 90's. You had an actual key to your room and the S&S card was actually paper carbon copy that barely made it thru a 7 day cruise much less having it now. And if you did have it you wouldn't be able to read the carbon copy anyway.

By the way I have 4 cruises from back then that I will never get credit for.

I remember when I would go on vacation with my Grandma and Grandpa and when we stayed in hotels, you had a real key with a big plastic diamond shaped keychain attached. I guess I just never thought about the fact that cruise ships were like that too at one time. Don't know why. Maybe because I started cruising in 2003. Makes sense, though.

That really stinks that you won't get credit. You don't have any receipts or anything? I'm a pack rat, so I keep everything. I'm weird like that.

I remember when I would go on vacation with my Grandma and Grandpa and when we stayed in hotels, you had a real key with a big plastic diamond shaped keychain attached. I guess I just never thought about the fact that cruise ships were like that too at one time. Don't know why. Maybe because I started cruising in 2003. Makes sense, though.

That really stinks that you won't get credit. You don't have any receipts or anything? I'm a pack rat, so I keep everything. I'm weird like that.

No unfortunately I lost everything like that in a flood in the late 90's - before Carnival started the past guest program. We never bought the boarding pictures. Traveling with a family of 6 purchasing pictures was not in the budget. Even if I had purchased them the most of the photos from back then are also gone. I am Diamond now so it really doesn't matter.

I filled out the "claim a past cruise" in the manage my cruise section for two one 2005, one 2008. Put the ship, sale date and a comment that I was part of a family reunion cruise for both (since I did not book it)

I suppose it depends really on how accurate your info is. I guessed the actual day of both, and they emailed me that they found it and it'll be added within 3 days. sure enough 4 days after submitting the claim, they found it and put them on my online account.

you may not have the same luck as me, I just noticed this about my sailings:

"Unfortunately, we don’t have detailed information for cruises before 1999, but have a look and let us know if something needs to be updated. "

so you may never see them there... sorry.

Archived