QE2 June !0th 2005

Coolgran

:D Almost packed and very excited about our our Cruise to the Med. We love the QE2 and have been 'hooked' on cruising on her for several cruises. We did try another Ship and although the cabins were bigger in comparison with the 'M' grade and there was absolutely nothing wrong, unless you want to 'nitpick', there was just something lacking.

I wouldn't pretend that there have not been changes in the last 20 years

and once or twice we have had a cruise that did not quite live up to expectations but this was usually due to the cruise taking place during a period of change. Mostly we have had a wonderful time. There is just something about QE2 that gets hold of you and will not let go. Anyone else agree?????

You mentioned the M grade cabins. We are cruising in the QE2 for the first time in October, and have booked a M2 outside twin. Are they small, and will it have enough storage space for clothes, seeing as part of the pleasure of the QE2 is the dressing up for dinner, etc.?:o

So pleased to hear such good reports of the QE2, as we are also getting ready to join her in Southampton on Friday. This will be our very first cruise, and we are both excited and full of anticipation - it is all such an adventure into the unknown, but we are determined to make the most of every second!

Just hope our M4 cabin will hold all the luggage we are assembling - we plan on being prepared for all eventualities, and I am losing sleep trying not to forget anything vital! I definately need a holiday!!:)

You will have plenty of room to store everything,the cabins though small are 'perfectly formed' anyway there is so much to do you will find that you spend very little time in your cabin. I always take too much but have enough room. One thing to watch is the bottom drawer which sometimes looks like a kickboard being slightly recessedand the other thing is the storage in the bathroom is behind the mirror, I mention this as I once went with some friends and they didn't discover it until the last night of the cruise,which caused great hilarity. Hope this helps.

Thanks Coolgran, you really are a mine of useful information. You don't know how helpful all these snippits of information are to novices like us!

See you aboard on the 10th!!

I agree, all these tips and information snippets are very welcome to a new cruiser. We just decided that if we were going to cruise, we just had to do it on QE2. I am now addicted to this message board, and all the great information found here.

Would love to catch up with you on the cruise. Leave a message for me under our cruise critic names at the pursers office,not forgetting your cabin number and I will contact you on board. Bon Voyage

Are you ready yet? We are frantically trying to finish packing, organise the house & garden, dog, cats, etc, etc. and hope to set off for Southampton approx. 9.00 a.m. tomorrow. We will be the four over-excited, over-packed people eagerly waiting to embark. Look forward to hopefully meeting up with you on board - till then have a safe journey and happy packing! :)

Archived