Canada/New England Lobster?

Cindy-Sue

My husband and I are booked on the 9-22-05 Canada/New England sailing and are looking forward to tasting REAL MAINE LOBSTER! Does anyone have any recommendations of where to get a good lobster lunch? It doesn't have to be fancy, just good, tasty, buttery LOBSTER!!! Geez...I sound like I'll be starving by then...HA!

Bon Voyage!

Cindy Sue :)

Our taxi driver in Bar Harbor advised us to get a lobster roll instead of the whole lobster. It was great advice. The roll is an ordinary hotdog roll loaded with lobster. It's all meat and no work. The wild blueberry pie is also not to be missed. We went to a restaurant right on the pier--about 2 blocks to your right after you step onto the pier--don't remember the name.

If you have the time .... go to a lobster pound where they cook the lobsters outdoors in huge barrels of salt water over wood burning fires .... the lobsters are oh so sweet !! Go for the gusto and order a 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 pound lobster .. you won't be disappointed!

I can appreciate the above recommendation to order a lobster roll ... but there is nothing like tearing into a hot, steaming lobster .. most of the lobster pounds have picnic tables .. lots of napkins and a sink to wash up after the feast.

It is true that any spot on the water front will offer lobster ... but there is nothing like a lobster pound experience!!

Just don't miss the opportunity to also visit Acadia national park ... Bar Harbor is a nice port/harbor town ...but Acadia is the real attraction ..

Have a great cruise and enjoy the lobster!

Archived