CNN blasted by John Stewart for its Triumph Coverage

sakapfet

"The Five" beat Stewart and Colbert on a night when The Five was showing a new show and Stewart and Colbert were in repeats.

Stewart can be annoying, but his poking fun at CNN was pretty funny. "Ship of Stools" made me literally laugh out loud.

I would say "Don't fool yourself," but you will anyway. The "vault" is quite full. I live in Texas, and quite a few Texans were on the Triumph. In fact, since Saturday, I've read three passengers accounts posted in local newspapers. Another 3 or more interviewed on local DFW television stations. None of them are painting an upbeat picture. Of course, they're all grateful to the crew, but they are agreed on another point: Carnival Cruise Lines must be held accountable for the cause of the fire. They also believe they were not compensating fairly for the ordeal.

:confused: How am I going to fool myself. My joke was about the CNN coverage and the build up. All the sensationalism.

Secondly I guess you didnt know Kingwood is in the Houston area. My GF is talking with a fellow employee at work today that was on the ship.

She said some had it alot worse than others.

Carnival should be responsible for anything that happens onboard one of their ships. But until I see a report that Carnival was negligent I wont rush to judgement of the cause.

Another local story with links you won"t see on national news-

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Triumphant-return-in-Galveston-for-cruise-passengers-191378741.html

More about suspicions of pre-existing problems from local channel 13.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8995122

Archived