How Much Should I Pay For A Balcony Cabin

holidaylover10

Hi

Could you tell me if this is a decent price for a 2D cabin on the Eclipse to the Baltics in June.

I am currently booked in a inside catergory 10 and paid £2590 with tips and if i add a drinks package it will total £3482.50.

I have been told I can cancel and rebook a balcony lowest grade with drinks package included for £3804 including tips which seemed ok.

I would also lose $150 onboard credit and free parking worth another £130.

This means a Balcony is costing about £500 more than the inside allowing for losing the onboard credit and parking

I have only cruised once before and I am not quite sure if I would be getting a good deal or not.

Any advice appreciated.

Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

When we did a Baltics cruise, we were most interested in the ports. So on a port intensive cruise, we had extensive plans ashore. The number of waking hours in the cabin were limited, so I would not have paid a lot more for a balcony cabin. Heck, I likely would not have gotten my money's worth from a drink package, either...I was off the ship so much. On the other hand, maybe your itinerary has more sea days; maybe you will spend less time in port and more time on your balcony.

Excellent point StarryEyes,

If you've a really port intensive cruise, I'm not sure if you'd get the full benefit of the drinks package either, as you are off the ship for such a length of time, especially if your cruise includes an overnight anywhere. You could always wait and see after your first couple of days on board, and decide on the package then?

With regard to the balcony, it's down to personal preference, if you feel you would like to take full advantage of the scenery, I'd say go for it. Only you can really decide if it's worth it.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful cruise

Lou

Archived