Atlantic crossing April

IDKaren

Cant seem to locate answer I need. Flying to England and taking NCL Breakaway maiden voyage April 30....... Need to hear it from the lips of someone who has sailed THIS direction THIS time year. HOW COLD WILL IT BE????? Got anyone with this wisdom? Thanks!

You'll have to post this on Cunard as their ships are the only ones sailing WEST during the spring. Pretty much every other line is heading east for the summer.

But I really don't think it makes much difference if you're going east to west or west to east, you're still encountering the same weather. We've sailed a TA at the beginning of April from San Juan to Southampton and the weather was very cold once we got out into the Atlantic. Granted, others have had much better weather ...

We're sailing east at pretty much the same time this year and I'm planning to bring layers - everything from shorts to capris to jeans, along with tops that will layer, and a jacket, plus scarf and gloves. We were in London last April and it was really cold, so I figure it's better to be safe than sorry!

Difficult to say. For one thing, weather is variable. For another, the North Atlantic is a big place. (For example, Miami won't necessarily have the same weather as New York.)

Ever seen the film Titanic, or A Night to Remember? They were set on a east-to-west voyage in April. ;-)

Cant seem to locate answer I need. Flying to England and taking NCL Breakaway maiden voyage April 30....... Need to hear it from the lips of someone who has sailed THIS direction THIS time year. HOW COLD WILL IT BE????? Got anyone with this wisdom? Thanks!

The weather and the seas will be variable. No one knows. Isn't that part of the fun and adventure of a trans-oceanic voyage? It if for me (I'm traveling west to east in April).

Difficult to say. For one thing, weather is variable. For another, the North Atlantic is a big place. (For example, Miami won't necessarily have the same weather as New York.)

Ever seen the film Titanic, or A Night to Remember? They were set on a east-to-west voyage in April. ;-)

Geee thanks! Thats exactly what my daughter said.....isnt that the SAME route Titanic took? I know if we were going further south it would be a tad warmer...my hubby was in navy and said I am gonna freeze my buns off so just curious! It IS the maiden voyage..just built in Holland so not Cunard but NCL

The Titanic was going Southampton to New York. You still haven't said where you're going. But if you're going to New York, there's a fair chance you won't be all that warm. Icebergs are unlikely.

(The Titanic was White Star Line, incidentally, not Cunard.)

The Titanic was going Southampton to New York. You still haven't said where you're going. But if you're going to New York, there's a fair chance you won't be all that warm. Icebergs are unlikely.

(The Titanic was White Star Line, incidentally, not Cunard.)

We fly from ny to southampton and cruise back. Ship just built and is being brought over to cruise the Bahamas :-). I mentioned Cunard cuz one answer was that only Cunard cruises west bound in the spring :-). Ought to be interesting..brand new ship..brand new crew..gotta work those kinks out!

Archived