Permission slip/ letter

kirban67

We are also taking a friend of my son's who is 18 and Carnival told me to have a letter from parents authorizing us to take him out of country and for medical attention. I thought it was wierd since he is legally an adult but Better safe than sorry I guess.

Taking sons friend on cruise in June...he has his pasport and is 18..his mom has okd this and will sign a notorized permission slip...does his dad have to also,,seeing hes not much in the picture?

As others have mentioned, he's 18 and considered an adult. My son's friend needed a notarization when he was under 18 and the parents were divorced. Because the father wasn't in the boy's life, the mother's consent was fine. If the boys have their own cabin, you have to have one responsible adult's name on the reservation (you can switch later - everyone does it and it's never a problem). Then again, certain cruise lines might have different "rules" as they say - if the cabin is right next door to the adults' cabin, should not be a problem but always best to separate it by the name as I mentioned and then it will all work out for you.

Archived