Majesty - some info please

Hi

As far as I am aware it's just bout any time. Know other folks have said if going to the seven or four seasons to go bit early say 7ish as later there r queues. Tho there is the buffet restaurant which is open 24hrs. Hope this helps. When r u going? X

The four seasons dining room opens at 6pm and the seven seas at 6.30pm

four seasons closes 9.30, seven seas 10pm

buffet 6 to 11

I like eating early so went to the seven seas at 6.30 and got the same witers each evening. As time passed the starting time crept forward and ended up at 6.20!

There was usually a queue when we left at 7.30 to 8

Having been on Thomson cruises for the past four years ( 2x Celebration,2x Destiny), we are currently in the process of evaluating our options for 2014. The Caribbean will definitely be the destination and we were pretty certain that we would be aboard the Dream for 14 nights to celebrate my `half century `

Therefore we visited Thomson`s website and priced up a two week cruise in a deluxe cabin, together with the drinks package and premium seating from Gatwick. Having seen the Azura in the Caribbean when we were aboard the Destiny in 2011,we decided to have a look at the P and O website in order to obtain a price ,thinking that it would be beyond our budget.

I was surprised to learn that this was not the case, and a cruise aboard the Azura on similar dates, in the lowest grade balcony cabin, together with premium seating, was approximately £500 less than what was quoted for the Dream. Whilst I appreciate that drinks would not be included on the Azura, a per person on board credit of £70 is offered.

This has made what was going to be a perfectly straightforward decision rather difficult. We are loyal Thomson customers and enjoy the atmosphere of the ships and the attentiveness of the crew . However on our last cruise ( Red Sea Jan 2013) we encountered some difficulty obtaining sunbeds and whilst staff took measures to mitigate

the situation, the lure of your own private balcony on a newer more modern ship is somewhat appealing!

Once again I must stress that we have thoroughly enjoyed all our cruises with Thomson, however when looked at objectively the prices charged do seem to be encroaching upon those levied for much newer vessels.

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I would be interested to learn if any forum members have also undertaken this comparison, and if they have, what conclusions were drawn.

Therefore we visited Thomson`s website and priced up a two week cruise in a deluxe cabin, together with the drinks package and premium seating from Gatwick. Having seen the Azura in the Caribbean when we were aboard the Destiny in 2011,we decided to have a look at the P and O website in order to obtain a price ,thinking that it would be beyond our budget.

I was surprised to learn that this was not the case,

Yep…Same as that…..I'm having exactly the same dilemma:confused:

The four seasons dining room opens at 6pm and the seven seas at 6.30pm

four seasons closes 9.30, seven seas 10pm

buffet 6 to 11

I like eating early so went to the seven seas at 6.30 and got the same witers each evening. As time passed the starting time crept forward and ended up at 6.20!

There was usually a queue when we left at 7.30 to 8

Many thanks for the info going on the 22nd!

Having been on Thomson cruises for the past four years ( 2x Celebration,2x Destiny), we are currently in the process of evaluating our options for 2014. The Caribbean will definitely be the destination and we were pretty certain that we would be aboard the Dream for 14 nights to celebrate my `half century `

I was surprised to learn that this was not the case, and a cruise aboard the Azura on similar dates, in the lowest grade balcony cabin, together with premium seating, was approximately £500 less than what was quoted for the Dream. Whilst I appreciate that drinks would not be included on the Azura, a per person on board credit of £70 is offered.

This has made what was going to be a perfectly straightforward decision rather difficult. We are loyal Thomson customers and enjoy the atmosphere of the ships and the attentiveness of the crew . However on our last cruise ( Red Sea Jan 2013) we encountered some difficulty obtaining sunbeds and whilst staff took measures to mitigate

the situation, the lure of your own private balcony on a newer more modern ship is somewhat appealing!

Once again I must stress that we have thoroughly enjoyed all our cruises with Thomson, however when looked at objectively the prices charged do seem to be encroaching upon those levied for much newer vessels.

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I would be interested to learn if any forum members have also undertaken this comparison, and if they have, what conclusions were drawn.

Two reasons for trying P & O we have been on Ventura twice and will sailing on her again in Dec the Azura is almost the twin but obviously newer.

P & O has a newer fleet so you will find the facilities much better.

We also like RC and if i had to choose between the 2 it would probably be RC. I do think Thompson are expensive considering their ships are much older, you tend to have to wait till nearer the time to get a bargain.

Edited by sandramay

• 10 months later...