Is it True??? Pools & Hot tubs are not open 24 hrs?

pd9845

The best part of vacation for hubby and I are the late night swims or soaks in the hut tub after drinking and partying.

We are considering going on the Glory this year and just read that they do not have any pools or hot tubs open late night. Is this True???

Former passengers of the Glory - Please advise...

This is a BIG deal for us in making our decision. Please help.

The best part of vacation for hubby and I are the late night swims or soaks in the hut tub after drinking and partying.

We are considering going on the Glory this year and just read that they do not have any pools or hot tubs open late night. Is this True???

Former passengers of the Glory - Please advise...

This is a BIG deal for us in making our decision. Please help.

Yes, its true, none of the ships in Carnival's fleet have late night pools or hot tubs.

One good reason is the night shift takes that time to clean them out and refill for next day. Not sure if they do every one every night but they do clean them on a regular bases. I think 10PM is the close time but seems I recall 11 or midnight on some and it's usually just one open so you may have to hunt for it.

Freshwater pools are easier to have on a filter system, like Princess. But saltwater/seawater pools cannot have the same kind of filter systems because of the salt content, which is why they must drain them every night.

yeah - it's a huge bummer if you're used to Princess's 24/7 pools/jacuzzis.

Please tell me it isn't so...

I think the poster just did :p and as another poster stated the crew has get them and the rest of ship ready for the next day.

Was thinking about taking a very early morning dip (2:30am) when I was onboard the CP. But to be quite honest even if they were full and open I probably wouldn't have used them then - some of the deck crew were pretty scary looking.

Yes, it's true.
This is a BIG deal for us in making our decision.
Oh well.

QUOTE=pd9845]

This is a BIG deal for us in making our decision.QUOTE

Then you might want to start checking around. Some of the other lines do the same thing. Good luck.

RCCL has salt water pools and it keeps one pool open while they clean the other. Same goes for the hot tubs. So, you can go in either one 24/7. And, to be honest, there was A LOT of activity from midnight to the wee hours in the morning as a result. All inclusive resorts do the samething.

This is a huge let down especially considering Carnival is supposed to have the "fun" ships...

This is a huge let down especially considering Carnival is supposed to have the "fun" ships...

Just because you can't have a good cruise without a midnight swim doesn't mean it's not fun for everybody else. It's a shame you're concentrating on this one thing.

Often, this type thinking sets the mood for an entire cruise. I hope that doesn't happen, and that you come back to tell us what a wonderful time you had on Carnival.:)

RCCL has salt water pools and it keeps one pool open while they clean the other. Same goes for the hot tubs.
Guess we know where you're booking then. Buh-bye.

Caribbean Princess closes their pools at midnight. :)

Bill

Thank you for the update. As for the OP there are a variety of activities on all lines other than pools/hot tubs at wee hours in the night. Good luck in your next cruise....

Caribbean Princess closes their pools at midnight. :)

Bill

You might want to double check this - as I have had friends sail on her and it was not the case... unless it was the Lotus Spa pool.

If they have, any idea why they're different than the rest of the fleet? Or is it during certain nights at certain pools when they're having Movies Under The Stars?

RCCL has salt water pools and it keeps one pool open while they clean the other. Same goes for the hot tubs. So, you can go in either one 24/7. And, to be honest, there was A LOT of activity from midnight to the wee hours in the morning as a result. All inclusive resorts do the samething.

I don't know if RCCL is any better. I myself love to have a nice dip in the hot tub every morning. Me and my fiance got some coffee and headed to the hot tub; it wasn't too early, the sun was up. And we had to wait 45 minutes for somene to turn the ho tob on (just a flip of the switch).

**TIP**: If you get into the hot tubs right before they close them the staff won't kick you out. Once you step out of the hot tub they cover it though.

This isn't always the case. We were on the Valor May 1-8....we got into the jacuzzi at 11:50 PM and they came and told us (about 6 of us) to get out at midnight because it was closing.

I've been on many different carnival cruises and they are not open 24 hrs. We go swimming after dinner because many people are not out there. Sometimes late at night we got pizzia whille we were swimming. We were one of the only people in the pools. Only one pool and one hot tub would be opened past 10:00 PM. We would go swimming around 9:00ish because sometimes we would go to shows. It is really fun to swim at night and I think they should have more pools/hot tubs open.

Archived