Pharmacy in Cozumel?

lola4795

There is a Pharmacey in the same building as the Duty free shop is in Cozumel. If you walk thru the duty free store it is about 3 stores in on the right.

I never saw a request for Synthroid, but, there is always a first.

When we walked in there were antibiotics, to tylenol.

Just curious:confused: How much are you paying for your synthroid, that you would want to purchase it in Cozumel?

Enjoy your trip.

Safe travels.

Just curious:confused: How much are you paying for your synthroid, that you would want to purchase it in Cozumel?

The Synthroid itself is very inexpensive, but my doctor wants me to come in for more blood work and a check up before he will give me another prescription. I've been on the same dosage for about 10 years. I know it won't change, and we no longer have health insurance.

As ill-adivsed as it may seem, I would like to bypass the check up costs and go straight to the meds that I know he will prescribe anyway.

The Synthroid itself is very inexpensive, but my doctor wants me to come in for more blood work and a check up before he will give me another prescription. I've been on the same dosage for about 10 years. I know it won't change, and we no longer have health insurance.

As ill-adivsed as it may seem, I would like to bypass the check up costs and go straight to the meds that I know he will prescribe anyway.

I feel your pain:(

We will be in Cozumel in July, when will you be there?

Sea Ya

Retin A or Retinol is a topical agent used originally for acne but more popular and very beneficial for improving the look of fine lines, sun damage and other signs of aging. It is very expensive in the US mainly because most insurances won't cover items for cosmetic use.

Retin A or Retinol is a topical agent used originally for acne but more popular and very beneficial for improving the look of fine lines, sun damage and other signs of aging. It is very expensive in the US mainly because most insurances won't cover items for cosmetic use.

I am thinking about buying some Retinol while in Cozumel. How much should i expect it to be? Is it ok to buy 2 tubes to bring home?

I am thinking about buying some Retinol while in Cozumel. How much should i expect it to be? Is it ok to buy 2 tubes to bring home?

Over the years I have paid between $12-$18 per tube. I usually go to the American Pharmacy in town. I have also purchased it from the pharmacy department in the big Mega store. I buy 2-3 tubes and store them in the fridge.

We were Cozumel in December and the pharmacy at puerto maya had all the prescription medications roped off and were not for selling to cruisers. First time I have ever seen that. Maybe they have received some pressure from carnival about selling medication without a prescription. If you find this the case, you can still go downtown and find a pharmacy that will sell to you, though I am not familiar with your medication.

We were Cozumel in December and the pharmacy at puerto maya had all the prescription medications roped off and were not for selling to cruisers. First time I have ever seen that. Maybe they have received some pressure from carnival about selling medication without a prescription. If you find this the case, you can still go downtown and find a pharmacy that will sell to you, though I am not familiar with your medication.

This is probably from all the old farts stocking up on Niagra with a V while in Mexico:D.

I just could not pass that one up....Back to the regular scheduled programming.

I would be leery of buying meds in Mexico. I bought some sumatriptan (Imitrex) last time I was there because it was VERY expensive in the US. Was very disappointed when it did nothing for my migraine.

Bummer. I was thinking of buying Imitrex while in Cozumel in May. I have great prescription coverage and it was still going to be close to $400 the last time I went to fill it. Needless to say, I've been going without.

Archived