Renting cars on Hawaiian Islands?

Ruth

My husband and I are going on "The Pride of America" July 30. We are planning on renting a car on most of the islands and do more than one shore excursion for much less than the cost of one on the ship. Can anyone tell me if the road signs are well marked on all islands. Also like waterfalls, etc. I have maps....Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

We found it pretty easy to get around all the islands with the exception of Oahu. Honolulu / Waikiki are pretty congested & the road signs are not much help. We did not experience the "Aloha Spirit" much while driving around Honolulu / Waikiki. Having said that, the rental car companies are good about helping out with maps , directions etc. The other islands are not nearly as congested & the roads seem to be marked better. Just IMHO.

I used the coupons in the back of my entertainment book and got a rate of $16.95 for a compact at National Car Rental on Maui. Decided to upgrade to a full size and it was $18.95 per day. We enjoyed the driving around Maui and spent time at Kannapali and went to the Old Lahaina Luau.

Archived