Taxi rates

Isa65

There are lots of questions on taxi rates to beaches and activities.

Here is a list by Dushi Taxi:

Transfer to the beach/park

Transfer to Playa porto Marie is $ 25 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Transfer to Playa Cas Abao is $30 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Transfer to Kokomobeach/Cabana/Mambo beach/Sea Aquaruim Park is $10 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Transfer to Playa Janthiel Zanzibar is $ 14 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Minimum of 6 people

You would have to google her FB page (Dushi Taxi) as I'm not sure I can post her contact details here on CC.

at the pier there will be plenty Taxi drivers waiting for you

you can coordinated with them for pick up

the taxi rates are official

Transfer to Kokomobeach/Cabana/Mambo beach/Sea Aquaruim Park is $10 a person ROUNDTRIP!

Minimum of 6 people

You would have to google her FB page (Dushi Taxi) as I'm not sure I can post her contact details here on CC.

at the pier there will be plenty Taxi drivers waiting for you

you can coordinated with them for pick up

the taxi rates are official

Sure you can, I tell people this as well. There are cruisers (like me) who like to arrange for their tours, trips, excursions beforehand.

Guys Guys, the taxi rates are NOT CORRECT.

my friend who was there recently just informed me.

You can and will find taxidrivers at the pier who WILL INFORM you of the CORRECT RATE.

Sure you can, I tell people this as well. There are cruisers (like me) who like to arrange for their tours, trips, excursions beforehand.

I know several taxi drivers from Curacao

So even though my friend who was there recently informed me<

I contact some of them myself to KNOW THE TAXI RATES

:)

SO GUYS DON'T LET NOBODY MISINFORM YOU.

Your friend was recently here, huh? Well, I LIVE here...:D

Minimum of 6 people

So what are the correct taxi rates if you don't mind telling us

Isa65 - could you tell me what the rates to Cas Abao would be for 2 people? We were in Curacao last year and I thought the rates were incredibly high to go to Cas Abao so we wound up going to Kon Tiki which was nice but would like to try someplace else this year.

Thanks for your help.

The cost of a ride to Cas Abao will always be high, unfortunately. This beach is about 30-45 minutes far from the pier.

I know of Nelson - http://www.tiotaxi.com/transportation_services.html - $ 46-52 for 4 people maximum

as well as Natasja (Dushi Taxi) - $30 roundtrip per person.

You can also call (via Skype is cheaper) to:

TSA (Thirty Steps Association Taxi) - 599-9-561.3030

or

Taxi Association Sinusta - 599-9-569.5555

Isa65 - thanks so much for your quick reply. Those rates aren't as bad as I remembered them to be. When we got off the ship last year, I thought I remembered being quoted 45/person but it was not roundtrip.

Thanks again, we'll be in Curacao for our third time the week of March 10th and love the island.

Cort43202,

I was in Curacao right out of college (went to visit a friend who lived there) and rememer it being a fabulous island. I'll be in Curacao on April 12, my e-mail address is Hottieg747@aol.com and I'd liket to ask you some questions if that would be ok with you, since you were there last year.

Thank you,

Chantal

Hi Chantal,

It's fairly easy to visit the beach by public bus.

If you want to go to Seaquarium Beach (aka Mambo Beach, Kontiki Beach, Cabana Beach) - you need to exit the pier area and walk towards downtown. Cross the pontoonbridge, then immediately take a left. Follow the road with the water on your left-hand side.

You will pass the Floating Market. Keep walking and you'll see a big round building. That is the market. Behind the market there is a bus depot, where you can buy your bus ticket and there will be many vans (as well as the large public busses) taking you that way.

In order to go to the beaches on the Western side (this will take substantially longer), you exit the pier area, look for Starbucks. Pass Starbucks, pass the movie theater, cross the street and there is another bus depot. All these busses go to the Western side, so go there ONLY if you have enough time to visit the beaches over there (Westpunt beach, Lagun, Knip Beach).

Have a great visit!

Hi Again Isa65,

WOW, Thank you so much for your very detailed and easy to follow directions.

Many years ago when I was in Curacao my friend's husband worked for the Hilton Hotel and I went scuba diving right near the hotel. The diving was fantastic with lots of tropical colored fish swimming by and I believe there were sea urchens on some coral. Can you tell me if that hotel is still there?

Which beach would you recommend if we want to snorkel on our own?

Once I figured out which beach we will snorkel at would you be able to give me the name of the bus company so I can check out their schedule?

Many, Many thanks for all of your time and patience.

Many years ago when I was in Curacao my friend's husband worked for the Hilton Hotel and I went scuba diving right near the hotel. The diving was fantastic with lots of tropical colored fish swimming by and I believe there were sea urchens on some coral. Can you tell me if that hotel is still there?

The Hilton is still there with lots of changes in the nearby area. Marriott and Floris Suite hotels have been constructed as well as some vacation rental resorts.

You can still snorkel at the beach left of the Mariott (which is left of the Hilton:)) as it is a public beach.

For the Marriott and Hilton you would need a day pass.

Which beach would you recommend if we want to snorkel on our own?

Once I figured out which beach we will snorkel at would you be able to give me the name of the bus company so I can check out their schedule?

If you want to snorkel at a public beach, Lagun or Knip are the way to go. Lagun is easily accessible by public transportation (ABC bus bedrijf). Bare in mind that both these beaches are about 45 minutes at least by bus.

Have a great cruise!

ISA65,

Thank you so much for your info. I will take a look at a map and see which works best for us if we decide to go the public beach route.

I'm still waiting for 2 dive companies to get back to me, one of them looks like they will pick us up at the port and the other, I'm not so sure.

Will keep you posted.

Thank you once again,

Chantal

Minimum of 6 people

dear Isa 65,

Can you please tell me if Daaibooi beach is nice and how far from cruise port? How much will taxi be or is there a public bus here? Is it safe to rent a car and drive here or is it hard to find? There will be 7 of us so Im trying to find the most economical way of getting there or is there any other beach you recommend that would offer food and drink.

thank you!

Edited by cancun4me
misspelled

Hi Cancun4me,

Daaibooi is just o.k. It is a couple of minutes away from Porto Marie, and I would choose the latter.

However, Daaibooi is a public beach (no amenities such as showers, toilets) while Porto Marie has a small entrance fee.

If there are 7 of you, the most economical way is to rent a mini-mini van (carries 8 passengers).

These beaches are on the Western side and will take more than an hour by public transportation. (At Porto Marie the bus will leave you at the main gate and it's then a 20-minute walk on a non-safe road -- no side walks, no houses, etc).

If you decide to rent a car, drive a little bit further to Knip Beach, which is public and beautiful.

Beaches with food and drinks on the Western side are Porto Marie, Cas Abao, Daaibooi, Lagun. These are fairly easy to find by car.

Have a fun trip!

Isa65,

What do you think of Blue Bay Resort?

What would a cab there and back to the cruise dock cost pp?

What about Mambo Beach? You mentioned it was very nice.

Cab there and back?

Edited by Cigar Dude

Minimum of 6 people

We just came back from a cruise with a stop on Curacao. We had a private tour with Natasja from Dushi Taxi and it was REAL fun. She is upbeat, knows her stuff and brought us to many interesting spots. I will post a review of our day in Curacao soon.

We really recommend her as a driver, she made our stop unforgettable.

We just came back from a cruise with a stop on Curacao. We had a private tour with Natasja from Dushi Taxi and it was REAL fun. She is upbeat, knows her stuff and brought us to many interesting spots. I will post a review of our day in Curacao soon.

We really recommend her as a driver, she made our stop unforgettable.

Would you mind sharing how long you went out for and what the rate was?

Hi Chantal,

It's fairly easy to visit the beach by public bus.

If you want to go to Seaquarium Beach (aka Mambo Beach, Kontiki Beach, Cabana Beach) - you need to exit the pier area and walk towards downtown. Cross the pontoonbridge, then immediately take a left. Follow the road with the water on your left-hand side.

You will pass the Floating Market. Keep walking and you'll see a big round building. That is the market. Behind the market there is a bus depot, where you can buy your bus ticket and there will be many vans (as well as the large public busses) taking you that way.

In order to go to the beaches on the Western side (this will take substantially longer), you exit the pier area, look for Starbucks. Pass Starbucks, pass the movie theater, cross the street and there is another bus depot. All these busses go to the Western side, so go there ONLY if you have enough time to visit the beaches over there (Westpunt beach, Lagun, Knip Beach).

Have a great visit!

If we take a public bus to Mambo beach, where and at what time will the bus return?

I wouldn't mind using Dushi Taxi but we are only a party of 2.