1 hour trolley tour in santo tomas guatemala

snorkler

Has anyone who has taken the 1 hour Trolley Tour in Santo Tomas Guatemala booked it in town versus booking it thru the ship at $29.95. I thought it might be cheaper to book it in the town.:confused: Thanks, Elaine:)

There isn't really a 'town' to book it in. The ship docks in an industrial port.

There is a terminal building there with several operators offering tours but I think those are mostly van and/or taxi tours.

We took the 1 hour Trolley Tour in 2010 and were lucky to have an excellent guide. She was a kindergarten teacher and gave us an excellent history of the area as well as describing the sites.

The area is very poor so most of what you will see will be the poverty of two towns. We also saw a colorful above-ground cemetery where we had a stay-on-the-trolley photo op.

The trolley was a 'retired' Gray Lines trolley but was adequate. There was a cooler bag of cold water, soda, and beer that was distributed free.

Hubby and I enjoyed the tour. We were glad we'd taken it in order to leave the port area and to see the town.

If you're adventurous, you might want instead to get a tour from one of the many guys in the terminal area offering tours.

• 2 months later...
There isn't really a 'town' to book it in. The ship docks in an industrial port.

There is a terminal building there with several operators offering tours but I think those are mostly van and/or taxi tours.

We took the 1 hour Trolley Tour in 2010 and were lucky to have an excellent guide. She was a kindergarten teacher and gave us an excellent history of the area as well as describing the sites.

The area is very poor so most of what you will see will be the poverty of two towns. We also saw a colorful above-ground cemetery where we had a stay-on-the-trolley photo op.

The trolley was a 'retired' Gray Lines trolley but was adequate. There was a cooler bag of cold water, soda, and beer that was distributed free.

Hubby and I enjoyed the tour. We were glad we'd taken it in order to leave the port area and to see the town.

If you're adventurous, you might want instead to get a tour from one of the many guys in the terminal area offering tours.

There are other tours. Check out "Go with Gus" reviews.

Archived