Cabin steward question re: tasks and tipping

Terryd444

Hi everyone,

My DH is very allergic to dust mites, we cover our mattress and all our pillows with the special dust mite covers at home. If he has an allergic attack, it is the epi pen and a trip to the emergency room.

For this reason I am going to bring new covers with us for the bed and pillows. I want to ask the cabin steward when we arrive if he can take care of setting the bed up for us. Of course I plan to tip him extra for this right away.

I realize everyone tips differing amounts, and what is a good amount for one person is cheap to another...but for those of you who have cruised Oceania before - what would you consider appropriate?

I was considering $10-$20 for just this task, what do you think? This is our first time cruising so I would appreciate anyone's comments. A the end of the 10 days I would also plan to give over and above the prepaid tips to the cabin steward if he has done a good job...again, any guidelines here would be helpful.

Q

I have researched other threads concerning tipping but would prefer some guidance from Oceania cruisers. There are folks out there who do all sorts of thing for their stewards...gifts from home, little envelopes with presents etc. I think they would prefer cash for extra good service. Your thoughts appreciated....

Thanks - Terry

Archived