The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

If we did a survey and everyone answered honestly, I bet 95% of adults over 21 spend more than $50 a day on drinks (any type). I love bloody Mary's and coffee. I can get my money's worth before lunch.

Bobbi

I would hit the $50+tip just because I love the Non-Alcoholic drinks that are now included. I probably drink alcohol about 3-4 (maximum) a day on vacation. BUT I'll be hitting up specialty coffees, soda/juice and coconut water for sure. Now that Carnival includes all those drinks to ME its worth it. Also the BIG win for me is knowing my S&S account wont be going up.

i have read several pages of this thread, but have not been able to find a definitive answer to these questions.

1. Can i purchase an item that is not included with Cheers (beer tubes, drinks in souvenir glasses, buckets of beer, room service beer etc..) and have the charges added to my S&S card and not count against Cheers?

2. Can I purchase a beer (prior to reaching limit of 15) and put the cost on S&S card in order to save some of my 15 for later in the day?

1) Yes you can pay for buckets, tunes etc. Although I think once you reach 15 drinks (under the cheers portion- not the buckets etc as they don't count against your limit). you can no longer buy alcohol until 6 am the next morning.

2) If you were buying a single beer for yourself it would count against your cheers 15 but you could buy a drink for someone else and pay for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i have read several pages of this thread, but have not been able to find a definitive answer to these questions.

1. Can i purchase an item that is not included with Cheers (beer tubes, drinks in souvenir glasses, buckets of beer, room service beer etc..) and have the charges added to my S&S card and not count against Cheers?

2. Can I purchase a beer (prior to reaching limit of 15) and put the cost on S&S card in order to save some of my 15 for later in the day?

First the answers are there but this thread is so long. Need another updated one.

1. Yes you can get souvenir glass drink and pay for them. And you can get the DOD in a regular glass if you don't want the souvenir glass. Not only can you get room service beer if you want to buy a bottle you can. Bucket of beer I gave heard if you buy one you could get 1 beer on your package then pay for the rest but YMMV.

2. Just keep track of your purchases. Ask each time before you order or some other method. At drink 13 start buying them that way if you forget you get drink 14. And if you forget again that's 15 and you should be cut off :) you can get more than 1 drink at a time 1 goes to the package and the rest you ate charged for. That let's people with the package buy a round.

Hope this helps. Have fun and drunk responsibly and don't fall overboard.

This morning I called carnival to ask about the 6am to 6am. They told me that ONLY applies to the 15 drink limit. You can drink anything the day of debarkation. That's what she told me, hope she's right

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course it only applies to Cheers. Why would Carnival miss a last opportunity to sell you something? :p

Of course most venues are closed but we have purchased a mimosa in the MDR while having breakfast the last morning.

This morning I called carnival to ask about the 6am to 6am. They told me that ONLY applies to the 15 drink limit. You can drink anything the day of debarkation. That's what she told me, hope she's right

Well if you really want the get your drink on before you leave go for it. Most people have place to go that requires a level of sobriety. And getting your drink on that early well...

Here is my cheat sheet for the alchemy:

Martini Seduction Grey Gooze Orange, red passion fruit, fresh lime

French Kiss Absolut Vanilla vodka, chambord, domaine chandon sparkling wine, lime

The Deal Closer Abolute Vanilla Vodka, Disaronno Amaretto, Irish Cream and Choc liqueur

Revved up Mohito Martini Bombay Sapphire Gin, Dry Vermouth, simple syrup, lime, mint leaves

Perfect Storm Bacardi Oakheart Spiced RUm, Bacardi Rum, Strawberry Puree, rosemary, lime

Spice Chiptole Pineapple Martini Belvedere vodka, chipotle pineapple syrup, pineapple juice, mint leaves

Forty is the new Twenty Pama Pomegranate Liqueur, Grey Goose Vodka, cranberry juice and citrus.

Cucumber Sunrise Belvedere Vodka, watermelon nectar, muddled cucumber, lime, orange juice.

Yourthful & Bold Beritini Grey Goose Orange, red passion fruit, fresh lime

The Antioxidant Belvedere Grapefruit Vodka, Aperol, tangerine, fresh lime juice and a dash of orange juice

The Remedy Goslings Black Seal Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum, orange juice, pineapple and lime juice

Fiery Tropical Passion martini Patrón Silver Tequila, Patrón Citrónge, spicy mango purée and fresh citrus

Quick fix Pernod Absinthe, Bacardi Rum, Grey Goose, Bombay Gin, Midori, citrus,dash of Sprite

Caribbean Manhattan Makers Mark Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth, spiced brown sugar syrup and bitters

Alchemist Sidecar Hennessy Black Cognac, Patrón Citrónge, fresh lime juice and simple syrup

Island Old Fashioned Bacardi 8 Rum, sugar, water and bitters

Moscow Mule Grey Goose Vodka, fresh lime juice and ginger beer

Curative Peach Cosmo Absolut Citron Vodka, Peach Schnapps, cranberry juice and fresh citrus

Restorative Basil Drop Belvedere Vodka, fresh basil, simple syrup and fresh citrus

OMG...the martini seduction is my new favorite drink on the ship. It was so good and refreshing. Since I am doing to Cheers program, I will definitely try more.

In my experience, you cannot. However, I have gotten the name of a shot, gone to the atrium bar, and they've made it for me without the specialty glass (only once, and I'm not sure they can do all of them) but bar service in the MDR is just not strong enough to accommodate special requests, usually. Edit - I won't mince words...bar service in th MDR, even when you tip, no matter what you do, is usually flat out terrible, the worst bar service (and only slow/bad bar service we had) on the ship.

As to tea, I have heard yes, but never managed to get to tea time myself. Tried a few times but was always distracted by more fun elsewhere.

I went to tea time once in 16 cruises. We were not impressed. I am glad I did it though.

Cheers now includes up to $50 drinks, correct?

Which drinks cost $50?? :eek:

I think I will be trying some more expensive wines at dinner...lol. I don't drink Congac or hard liquors..but I am sure there are plenty that are over the regular 8-12 dollar drinks.

Actually I was hoping for specialty coffee and juice. But thanks for thinking I'm a drunk

No problem. Considering your op was about 6 am to 6 am and the 15 drink limit. Now if you had of added that you would like to get a speciality coffee on the day of debarkation that would have put a whole different spin on it now wouldn't it?

Oh I reread what I posted and sorry didn't see where I called you a drunk. But if you think I did hmm..

Edited by A_Sea_Bugg

Yanno what?? This is totally my fault for not quoting the post that said you couldn't have ANY thing from the cheers package on debarkation day. I was trying to help others like myself that might want an espresso. My mistake no hard feelings have a wonderful day.

Yanno what?? This is totally my fault for not quoting the post that said you couldn't have ANY thing from the cheers package on debarkation day. I was trying to help others like myself that might want an espresso. My mistake no hard feelings have a wonderful day.

Well thanks. I have always just thought to grab breakfast and leave. Now that we might be able to grab a last milkshake or speciality coffee well it makes it that much sweeter.

Thanks.

Really?! That's good to know. I hope she's right. I was totally thinking, bottle of water, specialty coffee or energy drink morning of too.

Forums

Edited by oohlalailicious

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices

Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars

Milkshakes, where applicable

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea

500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices

Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars

Milkshakes, where applicable

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea

500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

Where can you get the Powerade or Vitamin Water at with Cheers? I don't think I ever seen it being sold. I'm sailing on the Victory in 2 weeks if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
You can definitely get specialty coffees using cheers on debarkation day. I just did it a week ago. It was wonderful!

Thank you so much! That's what I was looking forward to a cup of coffee and a bottle of water for the long drive home.

On this last cruise 8 25 16, I had something happen that was a shocker to me. I ran out of my 15 drinks and went to my cabin, but I was lil hungry so I ordered room service(philly steak) and I ordered a Beer to see if it would go thru and I got it.

So room service has no correlation to cheers? You can still order even if you finish your 15 drinks?

oh and no I didn't miscount, the bartender kept counting down to last 1.