A very lengthy review of Carnival Miracle 2/10/13 with TONS of PICTURES

BuffaloBoy

Love your pictures. I like seeing the different decor/theme of each ship. Maybe one day I can see them all in person. We have cruised twice with Carnival (Elation 2011 and Magic 2013). We noticed some changes and couldn't help but compare the two. The food in the buffet has become 'meh'. The staff on Magic were still friendly and helpful, just didn't seem to be as many walking around. On Elation there seemed to be someone nearby to clear your empty plate or take your drink order. On Magic the tables were not bussed for several minutes and seemed to be 2 bar waiters working the pool area on Lido. It didn't matter if the Lido was fairly empty or an event was going on and it was crowded. Even when we would go to the bar, there was always a pretty good wait for our order to be taken. We had the same wait at other bars around the ship as well. I got the feeling they took the staff from a ship with 1500 passengers and put them on a ship with 3000 without adding to the number of staff. It did not take away from our cruise experience and I am in no way complaining about it. Just an observation I had and the comparisons we made. With that said, we need to make a few more observations/comparisons and are planning 2 CCL cruises for next year. We are done cruising for this year. DH wants to go to Niagara Falls and I'm headed across the pond to visit son in Germany this fall.

Sorry your trip wasn't as enjoyable as you had hoped. I think I would like to cruise on this ship, minus the duct tape. ;)

Love your pictures. I like seeing the different decor/theme of each ship. Maybe one day I can see them all in person. We have cruised twice with Carnival (Elation 2011 and Magic 2013). We noticed some changes and couldn't help but compare the two. The food in the buffet has become 'meh'. The staff on Magic were still friendly and helpful, just didn't seem to be as many walking around. On Elation there seemed to be someone nearby to clear your empty plate or take your drink order. On Magic the tables were not bussed for several minutes and seemed to be 2 bar waiters working the pool area on Lido. It didn't matter if the Lido was fairly empty or an event was going on and it was crowded. Even when we would go to the bar, there was always a pretty good wait for our order to be taken. We had the same wait at other bars around the ship as well. I got the feeling they took the staff from a ship with 1500 passengers and put them on a ship with 3000 without adding to the number of staff. It did not take away from our cruise experience and I am in no way complaining about it. Just an observation I had and the comparisons we made. With that said, we need to make a few more observations/comparisons and are planning 2 CCL cruises for next year. We are done cruising for this year. DH wants to go to Niagara Falls and I'm headed across the pond to visit son in Germany this fall.

Sorry your trip wasn't as enjoyable as you had hoped. I think I would like to cruise on this ship, minus the duct tape. ;)

Spirit class ships are THE BEST imo. Not too big, not too small, easy to navigate...I don't see where you are from, but if you can book one, do it! :)

Spirit class ships are THE BEST imo. Not too big, not too small, easy to navigate...I don't see where you are from, but if you can book one, do it! :)

We are from Missouri. Next up for us is Sunshine and Breeze. Daughter picked out Sunshine. Her first cruise was on Destiny to the Bahamas and she wants to go back as well as see the changes to the ship. We chose Breeze for the itinerary.

I live very close to Niagara Falls! Make sure you book on the Canadian side.

The ship was very nice. I loved the whimsical theme. Only room I HATED was the Dining Room. Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful. I dont know what drug the person who designed that was on. So so bad.

It looked like the room was infested with purple herpes (sorry lol).

the-bacchus-dining-room-fort-lauderdale-united-states+1152_13310799065-tpfil02aw-5949.jpg

The ship was very nice. I loved the whimsical theme. Only room I HATED was the Dining Room. Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful. I dont know what drug the person who designed that was on. So so bad.

the-bacchus-dining-room-fort-lauderdale-united-states+1152_13310799065-tpfil02aw-5949.jpg

Bacchus Dining Room:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Bacchus

Bac·chus

/ˈbækthinsp.pngəs/ [/url]Show Spelled [bak-uhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngs] Show IPA

noun Classical Mythology . the god of wine; Dionysus.

Purple herpes looking things make more sense now?

We are from Missouri. Next up for us is Sunshine and Breeze. Daughter picked out Sunshine. Her first cruise was on Destiny to the Bahamas and she wants to go back as well as see the changes to the ship. We chose Breeze for the itinerary.

Our lst CCL cruise was on the Destiny also! Enjoy your countdowns and planning!

LOL....I was used to it by the time we cruised her the 4thx lol. It honestly wouldn't have bothered me too much if everyone didn't talk about the awful purple MDR before I went the lst time. The ceiling "painting" was actually kind of pretty. One of our cruises our DS and DIL went with us. She had just found out she was preg. with our lst grandchild and experienced some morning sickness. I was so afraid this MDR would put her over the edge! :eek: She didn't have a problem with it tho. I think you either love it or hate it! :p You live near Niagara Falls and wear shorts to work....:eek::eek::eek:

Our lst CCL cruise was on the Destiny also! Enjoy your countdowns and planning!

LOL....I was used to it by the time we cruised her the 4thx lol. It honestly wouldn't have bothered me too much if everyone didn't talk about the awful purple MDR before I went the lst time. The ceiling "painting" was actually kind of pretty. One of our cruises our DS and DIL went with us. She had just found out she was preg. with our lst grandchild and experienced some morning sickness. I was so afraid this MDR would put her over the edge! :eek: She didn't have a problem with it tho. I think you either love it or hate it! :p You live near Niagara Falls and wear shorts to work....:eek::eek::eek:

Sure do! I know, I know. But I use the remote start on the car, and I'm inside 99% of the day so I'm ok!

Haha. Yes I know what Bacchus means.

We actually talked about the plethora of ways they could have designed the room without the "purple herpes" :D - The best idea I heard was not having the oversized, non-round grapes, but to have green vines going across the ceiling with grapes dangling a little. Make it look almost like your inside a vineyard. Keep the metal grates and railing that have the very cool vine lacing. Have nicely stained wine racks throughout the dining room and keep the current paintings. And voila you you have a bachus themed dining room without looking hideous!

Nice idea! :cool: I was going to say, too bad he didn't use green grapes! Actually that part in your picture is not very pretty, but if you looked at the 2 story ceiling in the middle it wasn't so bad. Not so in your face lol. The chandeliers were pretty...

Nice idea! :cool: I was going to say, too bad he didn't use green grapes! Actually that part in your picture is not very pretty, but if you looked at the 2 story ceiling in the middle it wasn't so bad. Not so in your face lol. The chandeliers were pretty...

Yeah I thought that idea sounded very nice, and kinda "fresh" with all the green.

The other thing I noticed is that the silver columns were painted with a flat paint. It needed a shiny finish. Thats nit-picking though. Just an observation

Buffalo....thanks for your review, and being a standup guy. I had been considering a CCL cruise to the eastern Carib, but reviews like yours (and others), and the problems with the Triumph have made me change my perspective. We have only cruised on the Legend (2010), and really had nothing to compare it with other than NCL. We don't see ourselves going back to CCL anytime soon, if at all.

I think it is wise to look at other cruise lines, as one poster stated, it IS greener to the other side.

Buffalo....thanks for your review, and being a standup guy. I had been considering a CCL cruise to the eastern Carib, but reviews like yours (and others), and the problems with the Triumph have made me change my perspective. We have only cruised on the Legend (2010), and really had nothing to compare it with other than NCL. We don't see ourselves going back to CCL anytime soon, if at all.

I think it is wise to look at other cruise lines, as one poster stated, it IS greener to the other side.

You're welcome. Hope whatever Cruise you pick ends up being fantastic.

Very well said.

And as I have noted, Im not someone who is going to purposely break rules. .

But taking pictures of carnivals pictures, taking pictures of there shows and video recording it isn't purposely breaking there rules? :confused:

But taking pictures of carnivals pictures, taking pictures of there shows and video recording it isn't purposely breaking there rules? :confused:

I asked the sounds guy and he told me I could as long as I kept it under 30 seconds. I'm assuming because then they know no one is going to use a clip less than 30 seconds long for resale? I don't know.

But thanks for your opinion :)

jerk-pic-1.jpg

Thanks for the great pics and review!!.

We sailed on Miracle Sept 2011 and did enjoy it very much, but if I had some of the issues you did I wouldn't have been very happy either.

The French Door cabin issue would have had me up to a 10, just total bs. I am very curious to hear if they come through for you guys in any way...

The choc covered strawberries looked yummy, but they were only half decorated! They are supposed to look like little tuxedos...

I would have been furious about the french doors, too! I didn't know there were cabins with those but man, I would not have expected duct taped doors. I didn't see if he got OBC to make up for that, but I hope so.

The fall I would have blamed on myself, and the dress code thing I totally get from the perspective of the restaurant; although a rude maitre' d is never acceptable. The rose, I would have asked for my money back. That flower was so not acceptable!

The pictures are great by the way BuffaloBoy!

Hi, I was in one of the french door cabins that were duct taped closed the day before you boarded the ship. The Miracle was returning to NYC in the noreaster that brought so much snow to CT and MA,on the ocean the winds were 60-65 mph pushing the door lock open,the temp in the room was about 50,I was napping with my knitted hat on and an extra blanket,the wind noise was really loud,the maintenance staff was very helpful but could not get the door to stay closed. The only thing that worked was duct tape,the temp rose about 15 degrees,it was quiet. There were about 9 other cabins that had the same thing happen. I'm surprised you did not take the duct tape off before most of your cruise was over. The doors were heavy did not stay open,so we used them briefly,just stuck our head out each day,they do not stay open like a balcony door. I wish the new ships had this option I would book this type cabin every time,yes,the lifeboat blocked the view but you can see the ocean under it. My big complaint the hot tubs were filled with children,I got in once early in the am.

Are you not surprised he was expected to remove the duct tape himself? :rolleyes: They should have been so apologetic about that, and should have immediately had someone removing the tape and cleaning off the residue, IMO.

I think you may be mistaken in this case. This flower was definitely wilted and dying. Here is a picture of the rose I paid for next to the free rose they gave away at dinner. The free rose looks much better.

11277_971747638487_1233715262_n.jpg

644432_971747878007_958619177_n.jpg

I just dont see how stripping away of petals could have saved this.

I am sorry but I lol'ed over this picture. Hard to believe they actually delivered it thinking everything was all right.

Anyway, very good review!

I still have plans to try Miracle. My best cruising buddy thought that was the best Carnival class of ships. But as with all Carnival cruises, I will go in with lowered expectations.

I would have been furious about the french doors, too! I didn't know there were cabins with those but man, I would not have expected duct taped doors. I didn't see if he got OBC to make up for that, but I hope so.

The fall I would have blamed on myself, and the dress code thing I totally get from the perspective of the restaurant; although a rude maitre' d is never acceptable. The rose, I would have asked for my money back. That flower was so not acceptable!

The pictures are great by the way BuffaloBoy!

How in the world would you have blamed the fall on yourself? You were walking in what was supposed to be a SAFE area and slipped on a portion that shouldn't have been wet and you blame it on yourself???

Now I understand how Carnival is still in business! Lol :)

Archived