Liberty has Water Slide on front of ship?????

skooter35

While enjoying the port webcams, I like to zoom in to the satallite pictures and see close up what ships were photographed. I was viewing portmiamiwebcam.com today.

One Carnival ship has a square front with a water slide on it. Zoomed in again and see that the side says its Carnival Liberty. Curious, I went to Carnival's web site to check out the deck plans and photos of the ships. No where did I see a square front with water slides. Could this be a photoshop satallite image?

I would love to know if there used to be, or now is, a ship like the one pictured when I zoomed in. It is quite odd to see a square front on a ship.

If you want to check it out for yourself, keep zooming. The ships lined up look normal until the zoom get really close, then it changes entirely. Third ship from the left.

I know this is random, but it truely is an odd looking ship!

Yep, as you tighten the satellite view focus on the port, when it switches from satellite view to 45-degree mode, it's an entirely different set of images, taken on a different day.

In the case of Carnival Liberty, Google had to use two different camera passes, and the result was that a Fantasy-class ship (I'm rooting for Imagination) got stitched on to Liberty (which was my second Carnival cruise).

It's probably an accidental artifact of the scanning process, but the degree of match between the two ships is pretty breathtaking. Heck, I'd sail that hybrid ship! :)

Archived