Deck space

sooboo

Hello my husband and I are looking to cruise with Celebrity later this year but were not too sure which ship at the moment. As we are new to Celebrity I'm just wondering what space is like on deck. Is there enough seating for all or is it first come first served! We don't need to sit around a pool, just like the sun. my husband is partially disabled so can't walk for ever to only find towels on beds/chairs with no one to be seen!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Our experiance is that there are plenty of deck chairs although those by the pool fill up fast.

Unlike a lot of the other mass cruise lines, Celebrity does not make you sign pool towels in or out. This is very nice but has one bad point: Unfortunately many cruisers just abandon their towels on deck chairs when they leave instead of doing the courteous thing and dropping their used towels in the laundry bins near the clean towel racks. This means there will be a lot of deck chairs with towels on them that are not being used. I have no problem moving the towels and taking these chairs if they are unattended. The pool butlers who clean up towels left behind eventually clear these but they do not do it very often during the day.

If items other than towels are left on unattended chairs it is a different matter all together and there are a lot of discussions on these boards about such chair hogs and what one can do about it. But if there are just towels there then don't give it another thought other than asking someone nearby if others in their party were using the chairs.

... Unfortunately many cruisers just abandon their towels on deck chairs when they leave instead of doing the courteous thing and dropping their used towels in the laundry bins near the clean towel racks. This means there will be a lot of deck chairs with towels on them that are not being used. ..

This is one of my pet peeves. I am not a fan of lines that make you sign out your pool towel, but it does help motivate people to do the right thing and show that the chair is vacated by clearing their towel.

Archived