A small question for Scubagirl

SpeedsterX

We have decided on a day pass. You listed these "sheraton, Hilton, Breezes, Sandals, RIU" in another thread. Which one would you suggest and why? Thank you so much for all your help! :)

Tell me whos is going, ages, activities, expectations.. I'll point you in the right direction.

There's SOooo many descriptions of these properties on this forum. What are you looking for??

Girlfriend and I are going with another couple. We are in our mid 40's. We like a TROPICAL feel. Lots of palm trees, swim up bar maybe, maybe some snorkeling. Good service and food. Don't mind paying a bit extra for good food. Thanks! :)

Girlfriend and I are going with another couple. We are in our mid 40's. We like a TROPICAL feel. Lots of palm trees, swim up bar maybe, maybe some snorkeling. Good service and food. Don't mind paying a bit extra for good food. Thanks! :)

Also I've been doing a lot of research and actually called the Wyndham today and asked how much their day pass was. She said $20 pp. I then asked her if they had a different one that included a buffet and she said they DID NOT. All my research showed they DID have one for around $40. People here on CC just about 2 months ago said they had it. Makes me very confused! She did say that the day pass for Wyndham was good for Sheraton as well. Hmmm,,,,

Also I've been doing a lot of research and actually called the Wyndham today and asked how much their day pass was. She said $20 pp. I then asked her if they had a different one that included a buffet and she said they DID NOT. All my research showed they DID have one for around $40. People here on CC just about 2 months ago said they had it. Makes me very confused! She did say that the day pass for Wyndham was good for Sheraton as well. Hmmm,,,,

Wyndham is part of a reconstruction and is in dire need of help.

The once "key property" is now in decline.

They used to have a buffet lunch.. but the cafe is closed as is most of the hotel.

You may want to consider the Sheraton.. it's $40.. or go to the wyndham then use the sheraton property next door instead.

If you are coming during spring break.. wyndham will be out of control with partying.

Since you are going as couples.. look into Sandals.. a little expensive, but it's an all inclusive couples resort. A bit upscale.. not a party place.

Swim up bar, good food, great bars. I thinks it's $110pp.

Wyndham is part of a reconstruction and is in dire need of help.

The once "key property" is now in decline.

They used to have a buffet lunch.. but the cafe is closed as is most of the hotel.

You may want to consider the Sheraton.. it's $40.. or go to the wyndham then use the sheraton property next door instead.

If you are coming during spring break.. wyndham will be out of control with partying.

Since you are going as couples.. look into Sandals.. a little expensive, but it's an all inclusive couples resort. A bit upscale.. not a party place.

Swim up bar, good food, great bars. I thinks it's $110pp.

We will be there March 3rd. Isn't that a bit early for Spring breakers? lol I will look into Sandals. Thank you for your attention and time Scubagirl! You are an asset to CC!

My girlfriend and I will be visiting Nassau next week and are debating between RIU and Breezes, we are kind of on a budget, but either of these are fine. We are looking to have a lot of fun and would enjoy the activities and also want decent food options. Which would you recommend? Thank you for any help!

Sandals does sound more like your description. Beautiful grounds, several different lunch options (buffet, pizza oven, open-air restaurant near the beach), good all-included drinks.

Snorkeling off the beach isn't good but you can take the ferry over to their private island and there is some decent snorkeling near the rocks on the backside of the island. Just watch your time carefully because the ferry only runs once an hour. And if it is very windy, it doesn't run at all.

They have 3 swim-up bars, 2 on the mainland and one on the private island.

Sandals is for couples so it's more romantic, not party-ish.

Sandals does sound more like your description. Beautiful grounds, several different lunch options (buffet, pizza oven, open-air restaurant near the beach), good all-included drinks.

Snorkeling off the beach isn't good but you can take the ferry over to their private island and there is some decent snorkeling near the rocks on the backside of the island. Just watch your time carefully because the ferry only runs once an hour. And if it is very windy, it doesn't run at all.

They have 3 swim-up bars, 2 on the mainland and one on the private island.

Sandals is for couples so it's more romantic, not party-ish.

Thank you! I called Sandals and decided that's what we are doing. Only 4 days until we leave!

Have a great time!

If you decide to head out to the private island, pick up your towels by the main pool first. They don't keep towels on the island.

And try the dirty banana drink - it's awesome. :)

Thanks for the heads up about the towels! We will definitely be going to the private island! I will also definitely try that drink! :D

Archived