Thomson cruises for July/aug/sept 2014 release dates?

Anyone know when summer 2014 cruise dates are released? We want to book early and hopefully get a good deal.

We are 2 adults 2 children the children will be 3yrs old and 1yr old I done the island escape last year cruise and stay in majorca and loved the friendliness and informal approach I'm looking to do cruise and stay but this time staying in turkey I see the ship is the celebration for this years itineraries is this ship better/ worse than island escape is there a kids club?? The pool area does not look as big as on the escape or maybe its just the pictures? What did you think of cabins I'm thinking they can't be any worse than the island escape although the escape was very clean just very dated would love to hear all your thoughts and if anyone done a cruise and stay to turkey what hotel etc that recommend

I think the cruises for Summer 2014 go on sale around 20 April 2013.

Sorry not been on the other ship you mention but I have been on Celebration which is a wonderful ship.

Didn't go with kids so I can't help re kids clubs etc.But if you search previous pages on this forum I feel sure you will find the answers to your queries.

I've just bounced a post up- see above- re 'children on Thomson ships' which may help you.

Flopsy

1 year old will be too young for kids club but the 3 year old should be okay. they say 3-12 years on their website. :D they also have a splash pool for children but not sure if children in swim nappies are allowed to use this or not can't see if says anywhere. Im sure someone here will know :D

the pools on celebration/spirit are quite deep, the pool and Jacuzzi on the top deck/sports deck? are adults only

there is a small splash pool next to the family pool on lido deck, I dont think swim nappies are allowed tho

hope this helps

We saw quite young children in the paddling pool on Celebration last year-I would hope that they were wearing swim nappies!! Never saw very young children in the main pools. The pools are cold but obviously they do warm up in the heat of the day & the paddling pool heats up quicker! The 4 berth cabins on the Celebration are ok; we've always managed with older children in them - plenty of storage space. Not sure what it would be like with a travel cot in there as well. Didn't do cruise & stay but went into Marmaris & Icemeler; both very big touristy resorts full of very big hotels sprawling all along the sea front.

Not sure whether the Turkey itinerary would be particularly suited to very young children, depends what you intend doing there?

Thanks for the replys on the island escape you where allowed in the pool as long as swim nappies were worn so I'm hoping the same applies. We stayed in a 4 berth cabin and used a bed guard for our then 1 year old which saved on space with no travel cot. I was doing a dummy booking for this year but only decks 1/2 show up what are these cabins like I see you can still get outside not sure if I want a porthole at sea level tho any thoughts we had inside cabin last time and although I missed a window my daughter slept brilliantly with no daylight!!

Any other tips I should know? Before I book I'm hoping prices are released soon to get a good deal and hoping they have turkey availisble to stay I've done the western med so fancy eastern med for a change

Im sure ive read on here ( Sailaways thread...re 2014 ) that Celebration may be doing ex UK in 2014 so could be Spirit from Turkey which is the same really or if Spirit does go maybe a different ship as Spirits contract ends doesnt it ???

We are on Majesty this year and im not a good swimmer, i asked on here and on f/b if anyone knew how deep the pools were . Apparently you can easily stand in one of them which is quite unusual on a ship and one is called the childrens pool so poss that one, sure someone will know on here. Majesty may be in Greece next year so thats another option , if you go for a 4 berth on Majesty make sure you upgrade to a "plus" cabin as much more room, the standard ones are quite small ive been told.

Sure you will love whichever ship you decide on :D:D

Thanks for the info I don mind which ship it is its just I like the cruise and stay package just fancy somewhere different to the western Mediterranean so yes Greece also sounds good to me as the stay option I know this is a thomson forum but as you've guessed I'm new to cruising do other companies do their own package cruise and stay deals also? Or is it just the travel agents that make the package if that makes sense I like Thomson as transfers and everything are included

Thanks for the info I don mind which ship it is its just I like the cruise and stay package just fancy somewhere different to the western Mediterranean so yes Greece also sounds good to me as the stay option I know this is a thomson forum but as you've guessed I'm new to cruising do other companies do their own package cruise and stay deals also? Or is it just the travel agents that make the package if that makes sense I like Thomson as transfers and everything are included

Usually it's the last Thursday in April for next summer. Spirit was going to be going from Marmaris, but it seems the might have been swapped again and it should be Celebration again. I would perhaps look at the sailings from Corfu, which in Jul-Sep next year looks like it might be Thomson Dream.

I think Thomson are the only ones now doing Cruise & Stay. There are sometimes specials 5 night stays in somewhere like Venice or Rome with other cruise lines, but for a 7 night stay attached to your cruise, Thomson I think are the only ones to do it. For other cruise lines you'd have to book you cruise, the stay part, flights and transfers separately.

Thanks for the info I will definitely be checking out prices again the end of April with the itineraries does everyone usually just book direct to get the best price etc last time I booked through a travel agent as I'd never done any cruising before so knew nothing about cabins eat but will definitely have a go at booking it online if I'm saving more etc plus I'd like to add on the drinks package as an extra we got it as a free upgrade last time but agreed we would have paid for it thanks in advance for all replies

Archived