Maho Beach and what else????

judyf

We will be in St Maarten on Tuesday 3/26 on the NCL Gem. Main thing we want to do is Maho Beach, we have no interest in hanging out at a beach. Would like to see some of the island tough.

If we take a taxi, what else is there to do nearby? Would we be better off taking a tour? Bernard's tour is $40 pp and only gives you 30-40 mins at Maho.

The tour sounds good except not enough time at Maho.

Any suggestions? Taxi tours, places we could walk from Maho? Any sample itineraries?

Thanks in advance

We took Bernard's tour, and enjoyed it.

I know we ran into friends at Maho who only went there, and had taken a cab. I don't know how much they paid.

How long where you at Maho? How many planes did you see? Which tour did you take? What part of the tour did you enjoy the most?

I think I read on here a cab is $20 for two one way.

Thanks.

I would head into town and walk around there for a couple hours, then head to Maho. The ride to Maho gives you some beautiful views and while you don't get over to the French side, it's still a nice little drive through Simpson Bay and some smaller towns. We really like wandering around Phillipsburg as well, so that can pretty much fill up your day.

The ride to Maho is 20-30 minutes. Depending on your arrival time, spend a couple of hours in town, the head to Maho by around noon to see the bigger planes which usually land between noon and 3 pm (ish).

Archived