Rainforest or caves

Jenn31708

We don't get into San Juan until 2pm so we didn't book any excursions next month.

Now my mother in law hears about the rainforest or the caves and she wants to do one. She was also told it's better to do these on your own and not through the cruise line.

Can anyone give me any information about wither of these. How far away from the port are they? How much does it cost to get into either? How much would a cab be to them?

We have a group of 11 people, ages 5 to 65. My father in law has slight mobility issues, would he be better staying back on either one of these? Would the kids be ok in both?

Thanks in advance!

I can't help with the caves, but I can with the rainforest. The rainforest is about an hour from the port if there is no traffic. I would imagine the cost of a taxi would be very high. We rented a car through Charlie's and they picked us up at the port. The problem is that the rainforest is only open until 5pm, when they close the gates. At best, you would get to the gates by 3:30 - 4pm, which doesn't leave much time to explore. You can drive throughout the park, so those with mobility issues can still enjoy it, and those that might want to get out and hike a bit, can.

Archived