Norwegian Breakaway with 13 month old

mfars

I'm planning a trip on the Norwegian Breakaway with my fiancée and 13 month old daughter in November, I know the ship hasn't sailed yet but looking for some tips with babies and Norwegian and things to do in the Bahamas and Florida. What are some absolutely necessary items to pack (besides the obvious diapers!:rolleyes:) Thanks!

I'm planning a trip on the Norwegian Breakaway with my fiancée and 13 month old daughter in November, I know the ship hasn't sailed yet but looking for some tips with babies and Norwegian and things to do in the Bahamas and Florida. What are some absolutely necessary items to pack (besides the obvious diapers!:rolleyes:) Thanks!

We sail after you, but you should definitely check out what the early cruisers are saying about the ship. The basics about travelling with a baby apply: bring lots of diapers, food (or get her used to eating regular food that you have mashed or cut up into small pieces), wipes, laundry detergent and clothes. Don't count on getting anything on the ship or in port...well maybe Port Canaveral lol!

Our kids are older, but we still have the car seat issue. In Port Canaveral we took the shuttle to Cocoa Beach and had a great time. It's a very flexible excursion, you could easily come and go throughout the day according to your daughter's schedule and needs. Personally I wouldn't spend the money to go to Disney, but that's me. In Nassau we have done a dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon (which I wouldn't suggest for a 13 month old), but the beach at Blue Lagoon would be great. Or you could walk around Nassau and see the sights. Great Stirrup Cay is a beach day, again it is easy to get on and off the ship as needed. Speaking of beaches, I'm a big fan of the pop up sun tents for babies, it makes spending time at the beach a lot easier with little ones. I'm also a fan of my ergo carrier, I find it much easier to use than a stroller while on vacation.

What I did before our first vacation was make note of everything I used in a week with our DS2, then added about 10% to what I packed. It gave me peace of mind that I didn't forget anything (!) and made our trip very enjoyable.

Remember that non-potty trained children can't use the pools on board, and I don't recall if there is a baby splash area on the Breakaway. Lots of people bring a blow up pool for splashing and bathing in the shower. There are lots of beach opportunities on this cruise, so your daughter should have lots of opportunities for water play if she wants them.

• 2 months later...

We will be on the Breakaway with our then 13 month old daughter as well. We sail in July so I will be sure to post as much information when we get back on how it went even though we'll be going to Bermuda instead of the Bahamas.

I can't wait and I'm sure you can't either! Here is the live webcam of the Breakaway docked at Bermuda. Enjoy!

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

Most rooms don't have a bath tub. When we sailed with our boys we bought an inflating tub that fit right into the shower and blew it up on board so we could do baths. They are like ten bucks at target, then we just threw it away on the last day.

I have sailed with a 13 moonth old on the Epic. Here are some things you want to plan on bringing:

A bottle brush and small container of dish soap to wash bottles/cups

A small fork/spoon set with a carrying case for meals

we brought a box of the disposable paper bibs instead of cloth ones

any medications you may need - fever, stomach, allergy, teething, etc

baby sunblock

small toys to use in cabin and at dining tables

baby blanket and/or any stuffed toys baby sleeps with

pack and play sheets - they provide the P&P but use regular sheets - the laundry soap they use may be harsh for your babies skin

snacks and teething biscuits (grab a few boxes of cheerios off the buffet in the morning for use during the day)

good umbrella stroller with cover and recline to use on ship and in port

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

The above poster gave you a great list. I just need to specify pedialyte on the medicine list. It comes in a powdered variety, and comes in so helpful in case of noro, or even just eating unfamiliar things.

We are sailing on the Breakaway in Dec with our 4 year old and 1 year old. When we sailed with our 4 year old in the past, we requested milk via room service every morning. We stored them in the fridge so that we had milk available at all times. It worked out very well and saved us a trip to the buffet to get milk.

Make sure to bring dish detergent to rinse out bottles/sippy cups.

Definitely bring an inflatable tub for bathing as well as for on the deck for swimming. We had a bucket filled up at the bar to fill it when we had it on deck.

Archived