Kona Port/Kailua Kona Port

Mailgirl

Can someone tell me if Kona port and Kailua Kona Port are near each other. Carnival is showing that they will tender into the Kona port and I rented a car from Thrifty they are at the King Kamehameha beach resort which is adjacent to the pier at Kailua-Kona port.

There is no port at Kona .... tenders only from the ships .... and yes the King Kam resort is right at the pier, where the tenders arrive and depart from.

Thank you for you quick response. I went to check the cruise ships that would be in port with us and they listed 2 ports for Kona and I went into a panic.

I already have thr car rented, but I really don't know where to go. This island is stumping me. Any suggestions? Nothing seems like there is a can't miss destination. Help!

We are going to do the Seahorse farm at 10:00 am and made reservations through Carnival for Atlantis for the 2:30 pm Atlantis excursion. The only reason I went through Carnival was because the time schedule with Atlantis was pushing our time to be back on board. I figured for $2.00 more I would rather be safe than sorry and stress free.

Enjoy your cruise.

Check out the Painted Church and the Place of Refuge.

Puuhonua_o_Honaunau_National_Historical_Park_1.jpg

painted-church-pano.jpg

We are hoping we will have time for the Painted church, there is just so much to see and do and we are only in port from 7:00am - 4:00pm. I know it up to the individuals but how much time did you alot yourself at the Place of Refuge.

Archived