Are the bed on Voyager Class ships a problem?

I just read this comment about the beds on Mariner:

The only perk I suppose to the room was that you could store luggage beneath the bed, which is a thin 4" mattress sitting on top of a metal frame cot and the thin mattress sagged terribly in the middle. Very uncomfortable, the beds left everyone in our family sore and grumpy for the entire week. The other cruise lines we've sailed have had real beds.

Wow, really? :confused: I could see MAYBE a pull-out sofa being uncomfortable (have never known one that WAS comfortable) but if this comment is about the "regular" stateroom beds then I have to wonder if this is a huge issue.

Anyone else have similar issues with the beds?

I didn't remember any difference in the beds from Carnival Miracle to RC- EOS. Kept luggage under both and granted they aren't pillowtops by a long shot but they aren't the worst I have slept on while on a vacation. But I can sleep anywhere, through anything, so maybe I am not the best judge!!:p

I didn't remember any difference in the beds from Carnival Miracle to RC- EOS. Kept luggage under both and granted they aren't pillowtops by a long shot but they aren't the worst I have slept on while on a vacation. But I can sleep anywhere, through anything, so maybe I am not the best judge!!:p

Maybe Carnival hasn't switched the Miracle as she is one of the newer ships. You will notice a difference in the beds that they are now using. Very think mattress and very comfortable.

That's what I was thinking, you can ask for the foam topper. It's only a temporary "fix", but should make the week more comfortable than without.

Haven't done Voyager Class yet, but I find any bed that's not my waterbed is uncomfortable :rolleyes:

A~:)

I have been on Carnival Miracle and Mariner Of The Seas, and honestly, I can't recall a difference in the bedding. Maybe if I went from one cruise right into the other I would notice something. We put our luggage under both with no problem as well.

I agree that they probably aren't the best beds you will ever sleep on, but they felt just fine to me. I would compare them to many other hotel beds....firm, which I happen to like. By the time I hit the bed at night on a cruise, I am usually tired from excursions and all, that I like a good firm mattress.

Of course, you can always do what has been mentioned above, and ask for the egg crate topper.

Didn't have problems with the bed on Voyager....only problem was the bar in the middle, where the two beds were pushed together. Basically, you had to either be on one side or the other, not in the middle.

Archived