Miami Port RCI Embarking Question

kingsgirl

It's been a few years since I've cruised. Do all RCI cruises leave from the same embarkation point at the Port of Miami, or is there more than one? I can't find information as to where we are to get on the ship while at the port, and I know there is more than one place to get on the ships.

Thanks for any help!

It's been a few years since I've cruised. Do all RCI cruises leave from the same embarkation point at the Port of Miami, or is there more than one? I can't find information as to where we are to get on the ship while at the port, and I know there is more than one place to get on the ships.

Thanks for any help!

I believe the departure dock/location is listed in your cruise documents when you get them.

There are several docking spots on the Cruise Dock/Pier in Miami. Your ship will be at one of those. If you are driving to the port and parking there you will likely park nearest your ship. When you return your ship may dock at a different slot (they are all in a long row) so you may have to take the shuttle bus to get your car and then return for your luggage and other family members. If you Google the port I'm sure you will find pictures, maps, etc.. that will help clarify what I have said. It can be very busy as all traffic coming into the cruise ship area (trucks, buses, cabs, private cars, etc..) use the same route. I would plan on getting there an hour earlier than you would like to be there as traffic is horrendous in that part of Miami (on a week day for sure).

As a general rule Royal Caribbean ships are the first ones at the dock (westernmost end). Majesty of the Seas is usually the very first. Norwegian tends to dock at the extreme other end. Constellation tends to dock next to Royal. I've seen Disney down near the Royal end also. Carnival ships are usually in the middle between the two extremes.

To get a better feel of the docking situation, check out portmiamiwebcam.com. Check it in the daylight hours, especially on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays before five PM. You will see the ships lined up at the dock. If you look at the radar just below the live web cam picture, you can click on each ship marker and see the name of the ship. You can even see its next destination.

If you are sailing on Majesty, you can park in the parking garage directly across from Majesty's terminal. It is just a short walk across the street.

Archived