Booking cancelled without my permission?

At least your getting something. But I do not think its enough. They should have made you pay just the amount it would have costed to upgrade from and E2 to an E1 cabin.

I don't get it. I thought that the OP said they would only have to pay the original amount they paid for an E2 but are now getting an E1 because of Royal Caribbean (or the TA)'s mistake. Sounds fair to me.

I think this is an RCCL mistake and not a TA mistake. If this were a TA mistake, why would RCCL be so keen to fix it?

My booking from October (E2): $3238.30

To book an E1 today: $5098.30

Although, back in October, I think the difference between an E2 and E1 was much less - about $200 or so.

I think I should ask for a shipboard credit as well.. if for nothing else other than the anguish.

We use Costco travel (same price as RCI) but we get a $200 gift card to use at Costco and Costco customer service (no questions asked policey) and return/refund policey is the best in the business. Plus, I like supporting our homegrown corperation! (Costco is HQ in western WA).

I think this is an RCCL mistake and not a TA mistake. If this were a TA mistake, why would RCCL be so keen to fix it?

My booking from October (E2): $3238.30

To book an E1 today: $5098.30

Although, back in October, I think the difference between an E2 and E1 was much less - about $200 or so.

I think I should ask for a shipboard credit as well.. if for nothing else other than the anguish.

And we wonder why cruise prices are so high again. :rolleyes:

I must be honest, it sounds like RC did a good job. Mistakes happen, particularly when changes are made. Once they were made aware of the situation, they got on it and took care of it. As far as the dinner time is concerned, I bet there will be cancellations/changes that will allow you to get in on the late seating. I mean there are over 1,000 people per seating. As far as tracking down who did what when, sounds like a lot of work just to point fingers. IMHO.

Mark

I would say it was the TA who helped. Shes the one with the proof that the booking had been moved over to her agency with no problem. She went to battle for you and got it fixed. You did not have to pay any more then orginally. You went from a Category e2 to an e1. Thats an upgrade. At least they admitted they made an error.

Based on my 40 years + experience in IT , I would think that:

1. All conversations are recorded and logged and may be reviewed by management pertaining to resrvations.

2. All data entry is journaled as to what terminal, time and who was logged in so they could trace back anything.

Archived