Looking for the right beach

steph8564

My kids are teens and love the waves. Can anyone direct us to the beach that has waves on a regular bases. I want to see all of them but if every beach we go to is like a lagoon my kids will get bored of snorkling the whole time.

Anywhere Along The South Shore Will Have Great Waves.....my Favorite Is Warwick Long Bay. It's Not A Busy Beach But It Is Just Lovely, Next To It Is A Little Cove Called 'jobson Cove'. Very Secluded And Relaxing. Down The Road A Little Bit Is Horshoe Bay. They Have Food, And Facilities To Shower And Store Your Belongings In A Locker. A Very Busy Beach. You Can Always Hang Out At A Hotel Beach, There You Have All The Amenities And You Can Use The Pools If You Get Tired Of The Salt Water.

Have A Great Time..........

Dondonma

My kids like the waves too. Do you think it would be worth it to bring "boogie boards" with us on the cruise ship? I was thinking it would probably fit in our garmet bags. We are driving to the port so there would be no hassel with the airport. Or is this just a riduculous idea?

Horseshoe Beach.................If you are close enough to there, that is the one to visit. Waves, waves , waves!!!! Everyone in my family was tumbled at least once. I had sand in my scalp!It is also sooo very beautiful, bring your camera. St. Catherine's on the other hand, is like a lagoon, but the atmosphere is great.

Have fun!

:)

Warwick Long Bay has some wild waves but I was warned by the locals it can be dangerous. I have to say the most disapointing beach we visited was Elbow Beach. Can't imagine why anyone would go there. Doesn't even look like real Bermuda sand.

:confused:

ma

You Can Always Hang Out At A Hotel Beach, There You Have All The Amenities And You Can Use The Pools If You Get Tired Of The Salt Water.

Are you kidding, a cruiser can walk onto a hotel property and use the houses ammenities,

yes you can......anyone can go to a hotel property. Just look like you belong.

Before I was married, I went to Bermuda 2 or 3 times a year. short little visits, at the time I was a travel agent and only pd $98 round trip for first class from Boston so it was affordable to go often. I made friends and would rent a little apt to stay in for $25 per night.

we would pack up the beach bags and the kids and went to Elbow, Sonesta, and Southhampton Princess. We would order lunch by the pool or each at the beach cafes. We spent money at the hotel so we weren't "mooching" off of them. Then at 5pm we would make the rounds each night for the Swizzle parties. Each hotel has a Welcome Swizzle party for hotel guests. We would just mingle......we had a great time.

Try it next time.......

Dondonma

Archived