Question about the sound level in the Epic studios

cricri7

Hi guys.....I am a 40 something woman who is used to cruising, and traveling, solo. I love Bermuda and was sad that the Holland Veendam stopped going there. I went there this winter and stayed at the Fairmont Southampton but the hotel prices in summer time are very expensive. I thought I would maybe try the Norwegian Breakaway and saw the studios that are a good value in my opinion.

However, I cruise mostly to relax and unwind. I am afraid that the studios cabins will be a party non stop. Am I wrong? Is the lounge reserved for the studio staterooms open 24 hours a day? Will I have single people roaming the hallways at all hours making noise?

I also go on cruises to enjoy the food.....if anyone has sailed on Holland, could you compare the food between Norwegian and Holland?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

I am also a woman in my forties who has cruised on the Epic twice. Both cruises I stayed in the studios. The studios are plenty big enough for one person. I did one Caribbean and one Mediterranean cruise. On each one, those who stayed in the studios were quite a diverse crowd, some young, some older, from all parts of the world. There was no loud partying though we did meet daily and plan dinner or outings with others who wanted companions. Some kept to themselves too. I have a cruise already booked on the Breakaway and I'm excited to see the new changes. A few things to mention. There will be fewer studios on the Breakaway than the Epic which means fewer solo cruisers to mingle with in the Lounge. Also the configuration of the studio cabins on the ship is different. On the Epic, the studios ran the length of two floors right down the middle so cabins were in a long line and the halls tended to be quiet. I notice on the Breakaway the studios are collected in a group close to the studio. This is nice in that more solos may actually visit the Lounge since its closer. My hesitation comes when I consider that more people will be confined to a smaller area so the noise level may be different on the Breakaway. If the prior cruises in the studio cabins are any indication then I'm sure I will enjoy the Breakaway as much as I enjoyed the Epic. I look forward to meeting different people and exploring Bermuda for three days instead of the daily stops at different ports. I hope my input was helpful to you and feel free to ask any other questions.

When I stayed in a studio on the Epic I never saw or heard another person the entire 7 night cruise. The only person I saw a few times in the hallway was my cabin steward. I go away to get away, I'm not the type to go to the lounge & mix & mingle. I thought the studios on the epic were heavenly...perfect size, quiet & a savings.

Side note: I ended up having to go the the ship's doctors because I had tonsillitis the first day. I spent the first 2 days of my cruise in my cabin the entire time & I never heard anyone. I think because it's all singles they're walking thru the hallway mostly alone, so there's no one to talk to. My studio was right near the "living room" door & I had no noise issues.

Hi guys.....I am a 40 something woman who is used to cruising, and traveling, solo. I love Bermuda and was sad that the Holland Veendam stopped going there. I went there this winter and stayed at the Fairmont Southampton but the hotel prices in summer time are very expensive. I thought I would maybe try the Norwegian Breakaway and saw the studios that are a good value in my opinion.

However, I cruise mostly to relax and unwind. I am afraid that the studios cabins will be a party non stop. Am I wrong? Is the lounge reserved for the studio staterooms open 24 hours a day? Will I have single people roaming the hallways at all hours making noise?

I also go on cruises to enjoy the food.....if anyone has sailed on Holland, could you compare the food between Norwegian and Holland?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Just to answer your food question. I was on Holland America twice last year and found the food to be overly salted and just not that good. My husband received a lobster tail that was pure mush and smelled. Took one bite and spit it out. I enjoy the variety of food choices available on NCL, whether free or specialty.

Thank you guys for the replies...it helps me a lot! I am also not the kind to mix and mingle so I hope to get quiet time on vacation. I was worried about the studios being party central. I did that in my youth but now I go on vacation to relax:)

Archived